As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. Operating in hundreds of locations across the globe, CGI delivers end-to-end services and solutions, including strategic IT and business consulting, sysMore...
Senior BI/Data Analyst
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Position ID: J1120-2197
Employment Type: Full Time
• Work for a global IT and Business Consulting firm
• Bring Intelligent Automation (IA) expertise to our clients
• Role starting January 2021
CGI’s NextGen Operations is an exciting development designed to accelerate Infrastructure-led disruption, and revolutionise how IT services are delivered to unlock business value. A historical, real-time and predictive analysis engine that engages client’s Hybrid IT environments, delivering the most efficient and effective operational actions by leveraging combinations of advances in Automation, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for IT operations (AIOps).
As a Senior BI/Data Analyst you will be supporting a critical new engagement, working with a major utilities client.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide specialist expertise in building analytics and reporting capabilities for Big Data, Advanced Analytics, BI, Data Warehousing and Reporting engagements
• Use data analyses techniques and models to analyse and visualise the data leading to data-driven insights to support business and operational decision making
• Identify, prepare and interpret trends and patterns in complex datasets
• Develop forecasts, dashboards and reports based on business, client and market data
• Ensure ongoing data integrity by identifying and reporting any data inconsistency
• Keep up to date with the latest industry and technological trends in Data and Analytics
• Contribute to a high level of client satisfaction and on-time/on-budget delivery
• Working hours are 6am-2pm or 10am-6pm M-F
• Participation in the 24/7 on-call roster is required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years of experience in Data Analytics/Business Intelligence and Reporting using cloud and on-premise data sources
• Experience in developing solutions using the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) stack
• Experience with visual design methodologies and real-world implementation using Power BI and/or Tableau.
• Strong experience in predictive model generation and relevant reporting, preferably with expertise in integrating predictions back to business rules or source systems
• Broad understanding of data modelling and data architecture principles
• Ability to extract and rearrange data from multiple sources
• Good communication and consulting skills
• Certifications in related data technologies or tools are desirable
• Full work rights for Australia.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.