As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. Operating in hundreds of locations across the globe, CGI delivers end-to-end services and solutions, including strategic IT and business consulting, sysMore...
Senior Technical Consultant (Wintel)
City: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Position ID: J1120-2306
Employment Type: Full Time
• Work for a global IT and Business Consulting firm
• Support a critical new engagement, working with a major utility client
• Bring Intelligent Automation (IA) expertise to our clients
• Drive the latest digital technologies that support the next generation IT Operational Transformation
• Design and build new environments in a complex and changing enterprise domain.
• Role starting February 2021.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Organise and lead business requirements workshops
• Work with the business to refine requirements for Wintel, Citrix and AD
• Propose future state models and statements of work for the technologies assigned, consulting closely with the customer and senior leadership committee
• Once signed off, work with the client and CGI business to implement the new statements of work within the new model
• Ensure a high level of client satisfaction through on-time/on-budget delivery
• Lead the development of best practice frameworks and implement across other clients as required
• Working hours are 6am-2pm or 10am-6pm M-F
• Participation in the 24/7 on-call roster is required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years of experience supporting and delivering technical support for Windows Server, VMware, O365, Hybrid Cloud (Azure/AWS), Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix, Windows10
• Understanding of Security and Threat management (McAfee, Crowdstrike)
• Consulting experience working with a large enterprise organisation (Utilities/ Telco beneficial)
• Experience working on technology implementations and IT transformation projects
• Advisory approach, the ability to build strong relationships at a senior level
• IT/OT operations understanding (service management, ITILv3 &v4, leading practices)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work well in a team and provide mentoring to junior members
• Certifications beneficial: O365, Microsoft and/or Vmware
• Full work rights for Australia.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: