As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. Operating in hundreds of locations across the globe, CGI delivers end-to-end services and solutions, including strategic IT and business consulting, sysMore...
Network Services Team Lead
City: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Position ID: J1120-2305
Employment Type: Full Time
• Work for a global IT and Business Consulting firm
• Support a critical new engagement, working with a major utility client
• Bring your extensive experience in Servers and Storage design, build and operation
• Drive the latest digital technologies that support a next generation IT Operational Transformation
• Review, design and transform the IT Server and Storage Support Operating Model for a large enterprise client
• Role starting January 2021
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work with the business to define the target IT/OT support operating model for Network, Security and Unified Comms services
• Lead and investigate automation opportunities supporting the Network, Security and Unified Comms services support team
• Work with the other Technology Tower Leads to develop strategies and solve complex operational Network, Security and Unified Comms problems.
• Recruit, develop and lead the local Network, Security and Unified Comms Tower support team
• Lead a newly established team of Network, Security and Unified Comms Engineers and develop best practice operations for Network, Security and Unified Comms Services
• Ensure a high level of client satisfaction through on-time/on-budget delivery and operations to SLAs
• Lead the development of best practice frameworks and implement across other clients as required.
• Working hours are 6am-2pm or 10am-6pm M-F
• Participation in the 24/7 on-call roster is required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Consulting experience working with a large enterprise organisation (utilities/ telco beneficial)
• Experience in leading a team to deliver outcomes
• Advisory approach, the ability to build strong relationships at a senior level
• IT/OT operations understanding (service management, ITILv3 &v4, leading practices)
• Manage, maintain and troubleshoot Network, Security and Unified Comms services:
o Firewalls (Algosec, Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Cisco)
o Intrusion prevention/detection (Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Cisco)
o Load balancers (Netscaler)
o Cisco SD-WAN - Viptela
o Advance Cisco networking, routing, switching and wireless
o Cisco Network Access Control, ISE and ACS
o Cisco Unified Communications suite
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient presentation skills across all audience levels
• Full work rights for Australia.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.