As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. Operating in hundreds of locations across the globe, CGI delivers end-to-end services and solutions, including strategic IT and business consulting, sysMore...
Technical Consultant (Server and Security)
City: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Position ID: J1220-1984
Employment Type: Full Time
• Work for a global IT and Business Consulting firm
• Long term contract opportunity with prestigious oil and gas client
• Highly autonomous role based on client site and offshore (3:3:3 rotation)
• Fixed-term contract opportunity with leave entitlements and other great benefits.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Monitor, maintain and backup system configuration for servers, networks and communication equipment
• Escalate incidents ensuring investigation, remediation, review and close
• Review security logs and provide reports for identifying potential intrusion
• Report Information Security events and incidents
• Implement change management and testing procedures for network and endpoint security
• Manage anti-virus solutions and perform security updates
• Facilitate system and user access to applications and systems and manage access control
• Ensure DR Plans are up to date and tested regularly
• Participate in the planning of IT security upgrades and ensure implemented security controls work as intended
• Verify requirements for Information Security are met before new systems are put into production
• Maintain logical documentation and network drawings.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 3+ years of OT experience (IT experience also highly desirable)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of PLC and related communication technology/protocols
• Experience supporting Microsoft OS and Cisco environments
• A strong awareness of cybersecurity and measures to protect
• Knowledge of enterprise antimalware software packages including Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, McAfee Virus scan and ePO
• Microsoft WSUS skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• The ability to keep calm under pressure and think logically
• Availability for offshore rotation on a 3:3:3 rotation (Office:Offshore:R&R)
• CCNA or equivalent preferred
• Full work rights for Australia.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.