As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. Operating in hundreds of locations across the globe, CGI delivers end-to-end services and solutions, including strategic IT and business consulting, sysMore...
Technical Consultant (Wintel)
City: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Position ID: J1220-2187
Employment Type: Full Time
• Work for one of the largest IT consultancies in the world
• 6-months fixed term contract with a strong possibility of an extension
• Newly created role providing Wintel infrastructure operations and project support in an OT environment
• Join an established and supportive CGI Infrastructure team
• Working location will be a combination of CGI Office, Client Office and working from home
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Build relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders, i.e. Service and Project Managers
• Manage vendors for support activities/resolutions
• Incident and problem management as defined by SLAs
• Plan and implement maintenance activities
• Provide input to discussions on system availability, capacity, usability, performance & incidents
• Utilise a long term strategic approach to engage in discussions on road-maps & service improvement
• Identify and help generate business opportunities
• On-Call / after-hours support services to agreed service levels and desired level of quality
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The role requires experience providing technical support within a client-facing environment, including experience with:
• The implementation and administration of Microsoft Windows-based server environments
• The design, implementation and operation of IT infrastructure technologies such as server virtualisation platforms (preferably VMWare), Active Directory and SQLServer
• The design, implementation and operation of IT services such as sFTP, WSUS, KMS, Web Proxy, PKI, MFA and SMPT
• The design, implementation and operation of Citrix Netscaler
• The design and implementation of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure is desirable
• IT and OT secure network environments.
Applicants will also need:
• Clear and personable communication skills
• Strong problem management/troubleshooting skills
• Strong time management skills
• Commitment to the delivery of support to agreed service levels and desired level of quality
• Exposure to ITIL (desirable)
• Full work rights for Australia.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.