As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. Operating in hundreds of locations across the globe, CGI delivers end-to-end services and solutions, including strategic IT and business consulting, sysMore...
Technical Consultant (Wintel/Networks)
City: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Position ID: J1220-1985
Employment Type: Full Time
• Work for one of the largest IT and Business Consulting firms in the world
• Newly created opportunity working with client representatives from one of CGI’s key Utilities customers
• Diverse role, providing operational support with the opportunity to expand into Network and Wintel projects
• Work as part of a collaborative and supportive CGI and client tech team
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide technical input for support and project engagements
• Build relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders
• Liaise with vendors for support activities/resolutions
• Incident and problem management as defined by SLAs
• Plan and implement maintenance activities
• Provide input to discussions on system availability, capacity, usability, performance & incidents
• Identify and help generate business opportunities
• On-Call / after-hours support services to agreed service levels and desired level of quality.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of switches, routers, firewalls
• The implementation and administration of Microsoft Windows-based server environments
• Strong problem management / trouble shooting skills
• Commitment to delivery of support to agreed service levels and desired level of quality
• Exposure to ITIL
• Experience working in the Utilities domain (highly regarded)
• Full permanent work rights for Australia
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.