As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Flinders is a leading international university in Australia with a record of excellence and innovation in teaching, research and community engagement. We aim high to inspire achievement by our students to prepare them to meet the challenges and embraMore...
Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: Making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisational change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the leadership team of our transformed university.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences is currently seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals who would be available to undertake casual teaching opportunities in the Nursing undergraduate and postgraduate courses, located at Flinders University’s Bedford Park and Renmark campuses.
Casual Academic staff will report to Topic Coordinators in their respective teaching courses and will be responsible for:
• teaching in tutorial, laboratory or online classes
• marking student assessments
• attending topic team meetings
• meeting with students
• completing administrative and associated work
1. Currently registered or eligible for registration as a nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
2. Current or eligible to register for a Working with Children Check from the Department of Human Services – SA Government.
3. Postgraduate qualification in nursing (a minimum of Honours or Graduate Certificate).
4. Experience in teaching and learning in your role as a Registered Nurse.
5. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.
6. Evidence of knowledge and/or experience in relation to contemporary trends in nursing.
7. Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in using technology such as Microsoft Office programs and interactive online technology.
8. Evidence of high-quality teaching experience at a tertiary level (desirable)
9. Holding a Graduate Diploma, Masters or PhD in nursing or related field (desirable).
HOW TO APPLY AND GENERAL INFORMATION
Click on Apply and submit a completed CV/Résumé and Cover Letter of no more than two-pages that also addresses the selection criteria; dot point statements can be used. You will also need to complete the online registration form and include your AHPRA registration number and Working with Children Check details.
All information submitted is stored securely within our database, accessible only to senior staff members of the teaching sections of Nursing.
If successful, your details will be added to the Casual register. The register is used by Topic Coordinators to identify potential staff and they will contact you about teaching opportunities.
If you have not received communication regarding your application within 4 weeks, please be advised that your application will not progress further at this time.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries regarding Casual Academic Teaching Opportunities in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Pursuant to Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA) this position has been deemed prescribed. It is an inherent requirement of the position that the successful candidate maintains a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.