WeAreDigital is a strategic transformation and e-commerce consultancy based in Melbourne, Australia. Our team of 20+ have a relentless focus on making commerce better and easier - everyday. We do this by creating seamless commerce solutions on the path to purchase for some of Australia’s leading brands and businesses.
We are looking for a talented and passionate UI/UX Design Lead to help us develop, maintain and continuously improve best-in-class e-commerce experiences on Shopify Plus.
Our UI/UX Design Lead will lead the design team and help make ecommerce better and easier everyday for our premium clients across fashion, retail and financial service industries. As lead, you will help shape the direction of projects from briefing through to launch, working closely with stakeholders and your delivery team to ensure the highest quality outcomes for our clients and company.
What we need from you
• A strong ability to translate strategic and technical requirements into user experiences that meet the business goals of our clients and the expectations of their customers.
• Willingness to communicate your in depth knowledge of UX best practice and demonstrate your wireframing and prototyping skills.
• Ability to work closely with clients in person and online to define the problem, set the scope and estimate effort.
• Comfortable presenting work with design rationales that tie back to project goals.
• Experience working on Ecommerce projects, especially Shopify experience.
• Desire to lean in and provide helpful feedback and direction to your design team members as well as be a leader across the wider business.
• Comfortable using Sketch and Invision with experience using Figma welcomed.
What you will be doing
• Be involved in the new business process by workshopping approaches with team leads before presenting.
• Creating screens and user journeys that meet client, strategic and technical requirements as sketches, wireframes and prototypes.
• Presenting your work internally and receiving feedback from the wider team before presenting to clients with rationales to back up design decisions.
• Producing detailed responsive finished artwork across the entire project ready to be brought to life by the development team.
• Working closely with our clients to help craft and create solutions from project definition workshops and roadmapping sessions through to wireframes, prototypes and design delivery.
• Integrated with our team of strategists and researchers to create simple solutions to complex customer and business problems.
• Advocating and educating our team and clients on the importance of user centred design while meeting critical business goals.
Know someone perfect for this role? Refer them to the job, and you’ll earn a $1,500 bounty when they pass probation. Just ask them to note your name when applying.
Australian citizens and permanent residents only, please.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.