As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
CQUniversity is Australia’s largest regional university (following a recent merger with CQ TAFE) and is one of nation’s most engaged and accessible universities offering hundreds of education and training options from short courses, certificatesMore...
Job Location: Negotiable, AU Working From Home/Online, AU
Company: Central Queensland University
About this Opportunity
• College of Trades
• CQUniversity Negotiable, Working From Home/Online
• Casual Rates Apply
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
Assist the trades people of the future: Join an industry-connected and flexible team of quality educators, offering access to recognition of existing skills in the Automotive, Electrical, Construction and Engineering Vocational (TAFE) Trades sector.
Are you someone with existing trade qualifications and significant experience who is looking for an additional income stream? Do you believe in the value of a trades-based qualification? Do you understand or have experience of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment? Would you like to work flexible working hours with the ability to structure your work around your own needs? CQUniversity is seeking casual Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Assessors to undertake RPL assessments within the Central Queensland region.
As a casual RPL Assessor your responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing and assessing RPL applications against National Training qualifications.
• Conducting workplace observations and assessments, as required.
• Working closely with the teaching areas and RPL administration team at CQUniversity to progress RPL applications promptly and efficiently.
• Note: Occasional travel may be a requirement of this role.
We are looking for casual RPL Assessors to join us in the following trades
• Light Automotive
• Heavy Automotive
• Carpentry and Construction
• Metal Fabrication
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage workload in a self-directed way.
• Excellent communication skills with a student focus.
• The ability to grow the role.
• An understanding of vocational education and training assessment and compliance requirements.
• The ability to follow CQUniversity’s processes and requirements to ensure a quality assessment is provided to the applicant.
• Relevant industry experience.
• Industry qualifications that relate to the trades discipline area you are assessing.
• Training and Assessment qualifications and experience as mandated by the Standards for RTOs (2015):
o TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment; or
o TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units:
either TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A, and
either TAEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B; or
o a Diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Friday, 31 December 2021
Job Requisition ID: 362
When submitting your application, please include: Your Current CV or Resume, and a 1-2 page Cover Letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience and suitability for the position. Please note, applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
Please note this vacancy is a casual pool. Your expression of interest will remain valid until for a period of 12 months. You will only be contacted if appropriate casual work becomes available whilst your application is active. While applications are invited until the end of the year, we welcome EOIs as soon as possible as we have work already available.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: