Excellent full time permanent opportunity for an experienced Organics Chemist to come an join our very busy team in Welshpool.
Reporting through to the Organics Section Manager, the Organics Chemist will be responsible for the operation of the allocated analytical instruments, and for the production of high quality results with verified QC protocols.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct a range of general chemical analysis (inclusive of wet chemistry analysis) - preparation of instrument runs and interpretation of instrument data.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of instrumentation and laboratory equipment.
- Processing results and report preparation through LIMS.
- Identify and report quality issues and implement the corrective and preventative actions as required.
- Highlighting anomalies in results and sample type and sample behaviour.
- Participate in internal competency and training assessments as required.
- Support and provide technical guidance to laboratory technicians as required.
Our team in Welshpool are experiencing a high level of growth, thus the successful candidate for this position must be accustomed to working within a laboratory environment and will thrive working in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor degree in Science (Chemistry) or related discipline.
- 3+ years experience working in a production laboratory.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- A safety first mind-set and understanding and appreciation for safety concepts and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- This position is a full time permanent position
- This position is based at our site in Welshpool
- This position is only open to candidates that currently have working rights in Australia.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received, so if this position sounds of interest to you and you believe you fit the criteria, please apply as soon as possible by submitting your resume that outlines your interest and suitability for the position.