HEAD CHEF – CATERING & EVENTS
An exciting opportunity to become Head Chef within our catering and events company has arisen.
About our company
Located in Tawa, we are Wellington’s largest locally owned catering and events company that consists of a passionate team of professionals who create extraordinary events across Wellington for corporate and private clients. We hold the prestigious role of catering and retail partner at all Venues Wellington event spaces as well as being the preferred caterer at the majority of Wellington’s venue spaces. Our passion for food is celebrated with the use of the best ingredients, seasonal menus and a simple and fresh philosophy. Our team are leaders in the industry. We are an established brand with over 23 years in business.
About the role
Reporting to the GM of Catering Operations, we are seeking a creative, focused and dynamic Head Chef to inspire and lead our kitchen team and to deliver an exceptional dining experience for our customers.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to are:
• Ability to maintain our position as an industry leader by maintaining the highest quality standards in all kitchen operations with a strong attention to detail.
• Motivate, support and lead the kitchen team to maximise productivity and maintain a positive workplace culture.
• Train kitchen staff in managing costs, food safety, recipe standards and cooking/preparation procedures.
• Assist in managing kitchen operations, including inventory and stock management, monitoring and assessing COGS, labour and wastage.
• Ensuring we maintain our excellent supplier relationships.
• Champion the significance and accurate implementation of allergy awareness controls.
• In conjunction with the GM of Catering Operations, design and develop our menus.
Our expectations of you
• Chef trade’s qualification with at least 5 years experience in a similar leading kitchen role with experience in high volume catering for conferences, weddings and events.
• Exceptional high standard of food hygiene, cleanliness and presentation.
• Ability and willingness to work a rotating roster; including weekends and week evenings.
• A friendly, engaging and motivated person with excellent communication skills. You can keep morale high on a busy day and get staff motivated to bring nothing but their best to work.
• Confident, consistent and creative cooking style with a strong emphasis on high quality modern food and presentation.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Experience in leading, mentoring and developing teams.
• Basic computer skills (emails, online ordering, food costing spreadsheets).
• Clean full driver’s license is essential.
What to expect from us
• Receive guidance and support by hands-on owners and work closely with our GM of Catering Operations.
• Have real autonomy and be involved in the strategic planning and execution of kitchen and event project plans.
• Have the opportunity to put forward new menu ideas and kitchen processes to improve overall operations.
• Have the opportunity to grow and learn and be mentored from industry professionals.
• Be a part of extremely prestigious events, hosted in Wellington’s largest event spaces including TSB Arena, Shed 6, Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre and the Opera House.
• Receive salary between $65,000 and $75,000 per annum based on experience.
• Work with a highly driven fun team that has a passion for delivering outstanding hospitality experiences.
• Onsite parking
If this sounds like you, please email your cover letter and resume to Sarah Searancke, email@example.com
For further information on Sarah Searancke Catering, please visit our website at www.sscatering.co.nz
Application closing date: Wednesday 21 October 2020
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.