As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
COUNTRY ROAD GROUP Country Road Group is one of Australia's largest specialty fashion retailers with a market leading position in the mid to upper tier of the segment. Comprising five iconic brands - Country Road, Mimco, Trenery, Witchery and PolitiMore...
As Creative Manager you will be responsible for overseeing David Jones’ creative content across multiple digital channels. Working closely with the Senior Brand and Content Manager, you will be committed to delivering an elevated, on-brand customer experience which drives engagement, excellence and conversion. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading our digital creative team and overseeing the creation and development of designs that delight our customers. We are looking for someone with demonstrated experience in creative leadership roles, art direction and digital design across website and email, and who has a sophisticated digital folio which reflects a deep understanding of luxury design for retail and is willing to be ‘on the tools’.
*Please note this is a limited tenure contract until January 2022
What does the role involve?
• Lead, inspire and coach a large, creative team of Digital Designers, Developers and Copywriters on the ideation, design and execution of a breadth of creative deliverables
• Act as a custodian for the David Jones Brand Style Guide to ensure consistency across all creative content
• Support with the creation and development of creative solutions for campaigns, from inception to completion
• Support on the execution of key brand projects, seasonal creative themes, executive presentations and big picture creative initiatives
• Partner with wider marketing team to provide creative guidance and direction, input creative ideas into projects and deliver digital content that drives positive business outcomes
• Provide creative direction and support to partner agencies where required
• Partner with Visual Merchandising to drive omnichannel creative consistency where required
• Assure all deadlines are met for multiple briefs, from concept to final production
Who are we looking for?
• Have significant demonstrated experience in Creative Leadership Roles and Art Direction, specifically in digital
• Extensive experience in UX / Responsive / Digital Design and Art Direction with a supporting commercial creative portfolio, ideally with a fashion / retail background.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite; including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch – experience with After Effects or Premiere Pro is advantageous.
• Strong design skills with a meticulous eye for detail and able to upskill as new challenges present themselves.
• Willingness to ‘get on the tools’ as this role requires the ability to execute and deliver designs, as well as lead.
• Ability to generate ideas and actions that produce tangible business results.
• Ability to collaborate with various teams across the business to deliver stunning digital campaigns to support their business objectives.
• Proven ability to engage senior stakeholders to achieve business outcomes
• Video Animation and Google Web Designer experience is highly regarded
Why work for us?
• A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
• Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
• An additional day of leave for your birthday
• The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
• Free onsite parking spot available
• Combination of at home and in office working arrangement
• Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
• Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
At David Jones & Country Road Group, we know we connect with our customers best when our people are representative of our community. As part of our commitment to providing a supportive working environment that values inclusion and diversity, we actively encourage applications across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities.
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Country Road Group prefers to manage all sourcing directly, please submit your applications to this role if you are interested. Please note introductions via agency will not be accepted.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.