As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
We’re no longer your traditional accounting firm – we’ve moved far beyond our auditing and accounting roots. As a professional services firm, we focus on everything from cyber security and virtual reality through to digital marketing and techMore...
Sydney, NSW, AU
Department: In-Demand Skills
Why Platform Engineering?
Deloitte Platform Engineering is changing the way that businesses leverage cloud-native technology to solve the toughest technology challenges faced by our customers! Our consulting team are thought leaders and specialists in APIs, back-end services and cloud platform engineering, enabling digital transformation by unlocking the value of core systems at the heart of organisations to the many and varied digital channels required by modern applications. We work with our customers to create modern technology solutions that can be transparently run and managed in the cloud, and/or hybrid architectures.
Our Team are united in their pursuit of technical excellence, passion for delivery, and aspirations to continuously improve. We are willing to think and work differently, and ultimately thrive on winning as a Champion Team.
Most important of all… we thrive on our focus on life-work balance and ensuring we have fun!! (This is what takes us from good to great!)
We have been able to capitalise on the incredible benefits available, including flex-time, an award-winning parental leave package, a suite of learning and development opportunities (technical certifications, leadership and personal development), and most recently, are celebrating winning “Most Popular Technology Employer - Large” (GradConnection/AFR).
As our team of 500+ consultants continue to grow and develop, we are now looking for DevOps Platform Engineers who are eager to challenge their technical and consulting skills with us!
Ultimately, we are looking for Consultants whose suite of capabilities include:
• Experience implementing solutions on major cloud service providers including AWS, Azure or Google Cloud;
• Platform and software development and release management;
• Experience in container orchestration, specifically Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift;
• Ability to develop integration services with solid understanding of API development, platform patterns and best practices;
• UNIX/Linux scripting and admin;
• DevOps tools and techniques (e.g. Infrastructure as Code, Immutable Infrastructure, Configuration Management);
• CI tools such as Buildkite, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, GoCD;
• Awareness of platform security concerns (e.g. threat prevention controls);
• Previous consulting or client-facing roles;
• The ability to work autonomously in allocated projects, while managing your time effectively;
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
• Comfort working in a flexible and dynamic environment;
• Technical certifications will be highly regarded.
We can’t wait to show you what is possible at Deloitte!
The future is exciting and we are growing at a rapid pace!! If you have any questions, or to further understand your career possibilities with Deloitte, contact Rebecca McDonald on 07 3308 1659. #LI-DNI
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: