As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Think all super funds are the same? Think again. At VicSuper, our focus is to help Australian’s create a better quality of life for their future. We’ve been around for more than 20 years and we’re one of Australia’s top 10 fastest growing suMore...
Want to be a force for good?
At Aware Super we believe that we do well through doing good. Finding ways to support our communities is part of our DNA and we have a track record of being bold and breaking new ground. We have always believed that we have a responsibility to invest in ways that deliver strong returns for members at the same time as improving our communities, building a more sustainable economy and supporting employment locally and globally.
Aware Super is one of Australia’s largest industry funds providing superannuation, advice and retirement solutions to those who teach, nurse, care, respond and help others in our communities. We offer a truly collaborative workplace that responds to rapid change, without losing sight of what is most important to us: our members. To learn more visit: https://awaresuper.com.au/member
About this Opportunity
The Protect team are responsible for managing and administering a portfolio of Total Permanent Disability (TPD) and Income Protection (IP) insurance claims, Death (D) and Terminal Illness (TI) claims, family law claims and early release payments (financial hardship, compassionate grounds). In this role you will support the goals and objectives of the Protect Team by ensuring the team meet quality standards and compliance requirements through comprehensive quality coaching & development practices, along with efficiently supporting the Manager, Protect and Senior Manager, Protect. In this role you will:
• Provide end-to-end support and advocacy to members facing difficult times and who need to make TPD, IP, D, TI, family law claims or early release payment claim;
• Manage and administer a portfolio of claims, including but not limited to escalated or disputed TPD, IP, D, TI and family law claims;
• Facilitate the review and plan of daily activities by the team via the daily huddles and the team visual management board, and allocate resources accordingly;
• Develop and maintain process guides, job aides, standard operating procedures, and other reference materials to develop the knowledge and competence of the Protect team; and
• Embed effective QA practices (such as daily and intraday huddles, performance feedback, coaching and workshops) into the team resulting in a high performance focus.
How do you exceed our expectations?
You will be a highly organised and driven professional, with a passion for providing exceptional customer service. You will also have a proven ability to multi-task and prioritise work items to maximise your time whilst also delivering an outstanding service to our members. In addition, you will also have:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. Finance, Commerce or Business) or qualifications in case management, insurance or related field (highly regarded);
• Current RG146 compliant for Superannuation;
• Strong experience in life insurance claims, preferably within a customer-focused superannuation environment;
• Detailed expertise knowledge of the claims and underwriting process as well as insurance administration;
• Experience in a Senior/Supervisory coaching role, with an ability to coach and train team members within a insurance claims environment; and
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to liaise with members, insurer and other stakeholders.
We’re passionate about providing an employee experience that is full of opportunity for our people to develop and grow in their careers. We provide employee benefits that truly make our workplace the best place to work including generous leave offerings, salary continuance insurance, flexible working, professional and personal development and health and well-being initiatives.
The Aware Super difference
At Aware Super, we believe that diversity of thought, background and experience creates better outcomes for our people, members and communities. Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences and enables our team to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and our CEO, Deanne Stewart, is a Pay Equity Ambassador. Our members are at the heart of everything we do, and we CARE deeply, DELIVER honourably, and LEAD bravely.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be subject to police and bankruptcy checks.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.