What we're like
At BIG W everyday’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big.
There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solutions and real care.
If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer and team experiences, a desire to join a business that is rapidly evolving into a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network, and you’re looking for a place that cares about your development and growth, you could be who we’re looking for.
• Strategic role to deliver BIG W’s transformation journey
• Great career development with supportive leadership
• Innovative, agile and flexible culture
A unique opportunity for an Assistant designer to join our close-knit Womenswear Swim/Active design team. This is a chance to gain experience across multi category and brands whilst working within a friendly, supportive and creative team environment.
The successful candidate will primarily support the Designer and Senior Designer, working together with members of the technical and fabric teams, in the development of product from initial design concept to bulk production.
Some other responsibilities would include:
• Extensive product research of competitors, overseas and local retailers
• Oversee all fabric and trim submissions with the Designer and Fabric Specialist, communicate comments and manage the filing of them in an organised manner
• Manage design tech pack tracker using Google Sheets
• Assist the Designer with tech pack set up, sketching and handover to vendors
• Perform specific design briefs as directed by Designer by researching, preparing and maintaining range boards and arranging/organising samples
• Attend fit sessions with the Designer and administrate design changes as directed
• Ensuring all aspects of design development and handover to production are completed in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensuring design administrative tasks are completed in line with the business critical path.
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about deliver amazing customer experiences through the products you design
• Bachelor's degree or similar in fashion design
• Competent in Adobe Illustrator
• Design Assistant experience within a retail organisation an advantage
• Highly organised, strong attention to detail and the ability to coordinate multiple concurrent tasks/activities
• Experience assisting in swim and activewear advantageous but not essential
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• A confident, proactive approach capable of working effectively in a team under pressure in a demanding fast-paced environment
• A focus on adding value and building relationships
What's in it for you?
• Leading and contributing to the key element of BIG W Transformation journey
• An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus
• Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths
• Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
• An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
• Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.