As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Aristocrat Leisure Limited is an ASX50 listed company and one of the world’s leading providers of gaming solutions. We’re licensed in 240 gaming jurisdictions and operate in 90 countries around the world, with a team of over 3500 employees who deMore...
Job Posting Title
Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for providing engineering expertise and leadership to both internal and external mechanical development projects, resulting in reliable, manufacturable designs, to specification.
The cabinets you see on the gaming floor are the creation of our talented engineering teams, who design the hardware and mechanics that frame the world’s greatest games. They’re the team behind the number one performing cabinet in the market and the latest cutting-edge designs. This position will design, develop, approve, test, and validate the components, systems, and sub-systems of these electronic gaming machines.
What you'll do
• Lead the development at a component and system level. May be required to lead the design of full cabinets.
• Facilitate the on-time delivery of mechanical designs that exceed product requirements and customer expectations.
• Design, develop, and document (2D and 3D), components and systems related to electronic gaming machines (slot machines).
• Design for sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and casting.
• May be responsible to coordinate workload of the mechanical project team (2+ engineers) to ensure the mechanical project team meets the project and department goals with regard to quality, schedule, cost.
• Implementation of good design practices such as tolerance analysis, FEA, DFMEA, DFx to ensure a design that is reliable, manufacturable, testable, serviceable, safe in operation, and complies with product requirements and legislation.
• Provide support to suppliers, product testing as needed to ensure the project gets completed on-time with high quality.
• Assess supplier capabilities.
• Hands on assembly of prototypes. Debugging of prototype. Testing. Root cause analysis (design, manufacturing, testing, etc.).
• Participate in initiatives to improve department processes and technologies.
• Perform other duties as required.
What we're looking for
• Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in mechanical design engineering.
• Demonstrated success as a design engineer.
• Previous experience with sheet metal, injection molding, and casting preferred.
• Proficient in 3D MCAD. Solidworks preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
• Experience with FEA software strongly preferred.
• Ability to take initiative, prioritize assignments and multi-task.
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical technical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with various levels within the organization and participate effectively as a member of a multi-functional team.
• Ability to communicate engineering requirements.
• Ability to provide support and assistance to co-workers as needed.
• Adaptable to change - can operate within a dynamic environment.
• Ability to sort through competing/conflicting priorities to arrive at an optimal solution.
• Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/work station and respond to written and oral cues.
• Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment.
• May be required to bend, reach and lift up to 25 lbs.
• May be required to travel up to 15% domestically and internationally.
• World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
• Robust benefits package
• Global career opportunities
• All about the Player
• Talent Unleashed
• Collective Brilliance
• Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: