As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Every day, all around the world, the people of Orica help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Our story began in 1874, supplying explosives to the Victorian goldfields in Australia. Since then, we have grown to become the world’s leadeMore...
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling. Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
About the role
This is a new part time role that reports directly to the General Counsel, APA (Australia, Pacific and Asia) and is a member of the APA legal department, which forms part of the broader global legal team. In this role, you will provide solution focused legal advice for Orica’s businesses across APA with a focus on supply, procurement, property and construction matters, primarily in Australia.
We are looking for a lawyer to join our team three days a week.
The role will suit someone with at least 5+ years PQE who is excited to work in a collaborative team, develop relationships with key stakeholders and deliver pragmatic and solution focused legal advice to the business. It is the perfect opportunity for a mid to senior level lawyer to transition to a part-time in-house legal role.
What you will be doing
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide array of legal documents, including supply and general commercial agreements, including procurement, supply and property documents, licence agreements and non-disclosure agreements
• Overseeing the negotiation and finalisation of legal documentation including supply contracts and licence and lease documentation
• Monitoring key laws and emerging legislation affecting the business
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with your stakeholders throughout the business
• Managing the provision of legal services by external legal counsel (where required)
• Assisting Orica in its compliance with applicable laws and regulations
What you will bring
• A pragmatic, commercially minded, individual with a consultative style
• An ability to balance and prioritisation work and manage expectations of multiple stakeholders
• A highly collaborative team player who also displays the ability to take ownership of work
• Strong drafting and contract negotiation skills
• Relevant Law Degree, with a minimum of 5 years+ post admission experience
• Broad legal training with a top tier firm
• In house experience in a related business environment will be considered advantageous but not essential (i.e. manufacturing, construction, heavy industry, engineering contracting, mining)
What we offer
•The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation
•A diverse workplace where your abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged
•Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
•Being a member of a truly global inhouse legal team
•Competitive salary packages.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: