As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Every day, all around the world, the people of Orica help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Our story began in 1874, supplying explosives to the Victorian goldfields in Australia. Since then, we have grown to become the world’s leadeMore...
We are Orica, the global leader in mining and civil blasting.
It’s an exciting time for us. Through digital and automated technologies, we’re transforming the drill and blast process to increase safety and productivity in mining.
Every day we embrace new ways of thinking and work closely together to deliver innovative technologies, to ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry. And we believe that our 11,500+ people around the world play the most important role in helping our customers find success.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking applications for the role of On-Bench Supervisor on one our key customer sites in the North Bowen Basin, QLD.
Operating on an even time 8 days on, 6 days off roster, our Supervisors - On Bench are primarily charged with forming trusted relationships our clients, along with managing a highly skilled team of Shotfirers, MMU Operators, and Blast Assistants from ground level. Attending client meetings, performing incident investigations, and playing a key role in developing safety management plans are just some of the duties our Supervisors will perform.
This role can either be viewed as a long term and secure site based Supervisory role, or an ideal stepping stone into a managerial career with Orica. Camp accommodation and meals will be provided during rostered period.
What you will be doing:
• Live and breathe Orica's safety values at all times;
• Operate an Orica MMU blast delivery vehicle on site;
• Provide analytical/decision support to area manager on continuous improvement plan;
• Manage logistics of raw material to site;
• Ensure operational process meets Orica standards and customer's expectations.
• 3+ years proven experience in an operational leadership role;
• Strong people leadership and management skills;
• Knowledge of the Drill & Blast process on an open cut mine;
• Experience working within or leading a mine or quarry site blast crew;
• Current and valid Heavy Rigid driving license (preferred);
• Intermediate computing skills;
• Decisive: You have the ability and experience in making decisions quickly and soundly;
• Urgency and Energy: You demonstrate requisite urgency coupled with energy to drive consistent and repeatable performance from your teams;
• Ownership: You own the responsibility assigned to you as Supervisor and the deliveries of your team;
• Follow up, consistency and tenacity: You follow up constantly to ensure tasks are delivered on time and to standard;
• Respectful: You are respectful in how you deal with all members of the team;
• Courageous: You have the capability to have courageous decisions when required.
What’s on offer?
• A key role with a company truly committed to being at the forefront of technology innovation;
• Fantastic opportunities to grow in a diverse, inclusive and truly global business;
• A culture that values excellence and welcomes big ideas;
• The potential for you to develop a flexible career path and access tailored training and competitive rewards;
• And finally, as part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity - paid family leave and flexible work to support you at different stages of your career.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: