As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Every day, all around the world, the people of Orica help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Our story began in 1874, supplying explosives to the Victorian goldfields in Australia. Since then, we have grown to become the world’s leadeMore...
We are Orica, the global leader in mining and civil blasting.
It’s an exciting time for us. Through digital and automated technologies, we’re transforming the drill and blast process to increase safety and productivity in mining.
Every day we embrace new ways of thinking and work closely together to deliver innovative technologies, to ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry. And we believe that our 11,500+ people around the world play the most important role in helping our customers find success.
About the role:
We are on the hunt for a Site Supervisor at South Walker Creek, one of our largest and most important customer sites close to Mackay, QLD. This position will operate on a Monday to Friday roster, and housing assistance will be offered with the package if required.
Our Site Supervisors are at the front line of each of our customer’s operations. They are the face of our business and one of the many reasons why we continue to be a global market leader in blasting. These talented individuals live, breathe and demonstrate our charter values every day, right in front of our customer’s eyes.
1. Safety is our Priority. Always.
2. We respect and value all.
3. Together we succeed.
4. We act with integrity.
5. We are committed to excellence.
Accountable for the operational success of their sites, our Site Supervisors are charged with leading and motivating onsite teams of talented Blasting Professionals and Operators, to ensure safe and efficient delivery of services on each of these client sites.
No two days are the same in the lives of our Site Supervisors, therefore adaptability, a cool head under pressure, an ability to prioritise tasks, and providing superb levels of customer service are key to their success.
We strongly encourage diversity in every role we have here at Orica. Our Site Supervisor positions are no exception. Our current Site Supervisors have a range of backgrounds, experience, qualifications, genders and expertise.
What you bring:
• Most importantly, sharing our most important value - safety is the priority, always;
• Success in an operational leadership or supervisory role;
• Knowledge and/or experience in Drill & Blast is highly advantageous, as is a current shotfirer license;
• Standard 11 coal induction, along with S1, S2, S3 & G2 qualifications are essential;
• Well-developed numerical, analytical and systems skills;
• An inspirational leadership style.
What’s on offer?
• A key role with a company truly committed to being at the forefront of technology innovation;
• Real opportunities to grow in a diverse, inclusive and truly global business;
• A healthy salary package and continued rewards for your excellent contribution;
• A culture that values and welcomes big and new ideas;
• The potential for you to develop a flexible career path and access tailored training and competitive rewards;
• And finally, as part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity - paid family leave and flexible work to support you at different stages of your career.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: