As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Every day, all around the world, the people of Orica help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Our story began in 1874, supplying explosives to the Victorian goldfields in Australia. Since then, we have grown to become the world’s leadeMore...
We are Orica, the global leader in mining and civil blasting.
It’s an exciting time for us. Our industry is being reimagined.
Technology, software, automation and big data are transforming every element of the mining value chain.
We are a diverse and equal opportunity organisation. We invest in our people and innovation so we can remain at the forefront of our industry, so every person with a stake in Orica can prosper, grow and progress.
We’re proud of the role we’re playing alongside our customers as they deliver this transformation, and we’re excited about the benefits it will provide for us too. The products and solutions we are enhancing, developing and launching today are all part of a single platform that will bring drilling and blasting into the 21st century.
About this opportunity
We have developed the world’s first wireless blasting technology, WebGen™. We are currently assembling a specialist team of Blast Technicians. These roles will be based in either Townsville or NSW and initially operate on a Monday – Friday before converting to a 8 days on 6 days off roster.
As a wireless blasting technician, you will be the face of our company and play an important role in bringing this technology to life on our customer sites. The role is very hands-on, you’ll support site level projects and provide expert advice, product stewardship and training to our customers.
We don’t need you to know everything about WebGen™ right away; we will train you. We just need you to share the same enthusiasm and drive to make our customers successful as we do!
What you will be doing
• Key site delivery role in our WebGen™ blasting projects and trials on our customer sites, providing first-class product stewardship;
• Providing training to our customer stakeholders on site, both hands-on and in presentation form;
• Partnering with, and developing true longstanding relationships with our trusted customers by being open, honest and humble;
• Delivering appropriate safety initiatives which align with Orica’s and our Customer values.
What you bring
As a key part of this specialist team, you will be able to show us that you are full of determination, passion, energy and drive. You will have a positive and selfless team-focussed attitude and given the challenges, you will need that extra bit of resilience.
You will also be likely to have:
• A mining background is an advantage, but not a requirement;
• A current and up to date shotfiring license, or degree qualification in engineering is an advantage, but not a requirement;
• A genuine enthusiasm to deliver an innovative technology to our customers;
• Strong reporting skills and an ability to quickly pick-up and master new systems and technologies;
• Process driven and procedurally disciplined.
What's on Offer
• A key project support role with a company truly committed to being at the forefront of technology innovation;
• Real opportunities to grow in a diverse, inclusive and truly global business
• A culture that values excellence and welcomes big ideas;
• The potential for you to develop a flexible career path and access tailored training and competitive rewards;
• And finally, as part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity - paid family leave and flexible work to support you at different stages of your career.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: