As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
At Medibank we are motivated by improving the health of all Australians and the health of our members. We are passionate about building a better health system that is centred on people, and sustainable in the long term. Medibank’s core business isMore...
Job Requisition Number: 4626
ADELAIDE,, SA, AU, 5000
Home Support Services (HSS) is part of Medibank’s family of companies and is the leading provider of home hospital care for a range of public and private funders. We provide healthcare and wellbeing services nationally in alternative settings to hospitals, supporting people across the care continuum.
Using your clinical skills, you will ensure a comprehensive client centred management plan is achieved for our customers. You will support and provide care and services to the multiple programs that HSS delivers to patients in their home and remotely over the phone whilst contributing to the promotion, planning and development of services for all HSS clients together with:
• Customers initial phone assessment, care planning and goal setting
• Coordination of in-home services
• Monitoring patient progress and updating care plans as appropriate
• Liaison with healthcare professionals and specialists
• Discharge planning including referrals to long term services
• Provision of telephone support, education, and advice
You will need to be able to work a rotating, flexible 7-day roster between the hours of 7am to 8pm and being on call monthly.
What will set you apart from the rest?
An outstanding communicator, your intuitive people skills will be central to your success. You will be naturally empathetic, observant, attentive, trustworthy, and committed to making your patient feel safe and comfortable. You will be client and goal focused who is driven to achieve positive customer outcomes together with:
• Minimum 2 years' experience as a Registered Nurse with unrestricted AHPRA registration
• Recent experience in community nursing
• Strong clinical reasoning skills
• Knowledge and experience in:
o Wound care
o PICC line management
o IV Antibiotics
o Complex negative pressure
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient computer skills to enable fast and accurate data entry into patient electronic medical records.
What sets us apart from the rest?
Along with joining an outstanding organisation that is transforming the delivery of health care, working at HSS also means:
• Respect as a professional and an individual
• Great work life balance
• Ongoing professional development
• Health and wellness initiatives
• Discounted health insurance, EAP & free Flu Vaccine
At HSS we value all individuals and deliver care with integrity and respect to all social, cultural, and linguistic diversities. HSS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a workforce that is representative of the people that we support. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders (ATSI), Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) and LGBTI applicants are encouraged to apply.
Simply click on "Apply for this job" and include a current resume outlining your experience and skills relevant to this position.
Job Segment: Medical, Case Manager, Nursing, Registered Nurse, EMR, Healthcare
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: