As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
At Medibank we are motivated by improving the health of all Australians and the health of our members. We are passionate about building a better health system that is centred on people, and sustainable in the long term. Medibank’s core business isMore...
Job Requisition Number: 4464
ACT, AU NSW, AU TAS, AU QLD, AU VIC, AU WA, AU SA, AU NT, AU
Will you actively create a healthier future for tomorrow?
At Medibank and 1800RESPECT we have a clear purpose to reduce the impact of domestic violence and sexual assault within the community.
We celebrate diversity of thought because we want to make better decisions for our customers and the wider Australian public. As we work towards our goal of better health for better lives, we value the knowledge and contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. We are working hard to create an inclusive workplace and develop Indigenous careers.
As a First Response Counsellor, you play an integral role in working alongside people who contact the service to support their pathway to safety and recovery. In this rewarding role, you will create change by providing those impacted by domestic family violence and sexual assault with support ranging from safety planning, counselling and provision of referrals.
This is a virtual telephone health service requiring you to work from your home. Applications will be considered for a fixed-term contract until 30th November 2021, across a 24/7 roster.
About the role
This is a confidential free support service available to all Australians 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You will provide support for people experiencing or at risk of experiencing sexual assault, domestic, or family violence and provide much-needed advice to assist them and their wider network (friends, family and professional support workers).
This vital role encompasses the following:
• 5 days of virtual (at home) training
• Supervised precepting shifts
• We operate 24/7, 7 days per week (Please note we cannot guarantee a minimum amount of hours per week for casual positions)
• A virtual leadership and support network for you to feel a part of the team no matter where you are based around Australia.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for experienced sexual assault and domestic violence counsellors who are passionate about delivering telephone-based counselling services. To qualify for this position, you must hold one of the following qualifications:
1. A tertiary degree (of minimum three years duration) in a relevant discipline (social science, social work, welfare studies, psychology or counselling); or
2. A tertiary degree (of minimum three-year duration) and a post-graduate degree or diploma in a relevant discipline (Social Science, Social Work, Welfare Studies, Psychology or Counselling)
In addition to the above it is essential to this role that you can demonstrate:
• A minimum of two years of full-time counselling experience and a demonstrated ability to work within a trauma-informed framework
• Experience working with people who have experienced or been impacted by sexual assault and domestic or family violence would be a distinct advantage
• Proof of application of working with children check
As this is a phone-based telephone service there are minimum setup requirements for you to adequately perform in this role including:
• Private room/space which can be used for your home office set up
• Active landline and suitable internet connection
• You have strong IT skills and proficiency to telephony-based systems where you are comfortable navigating software, typing and talking at the same time.
A career with us
With flexible working options, our people have choice in how and where they work. We’re also committed to supporting better accessibility for our customers and our people. If we call you to discuss this role, you’ll also get the opportunity to chat about any adjustments.
We offer a range of great benefits, rewards and discounts, and health and wellbeing initiatives.
To start small and impact bigger
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: