As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
At Medibank we are motivated by improving the health of all Australians and the health of our members. We are passionate about building a better health system that is centred on people, and sustainable in the long term. Medibank’s core business isMore...
Job Requisition Number: 4469
DOCKLANDS, VIC, AU, 3008
Why work for Medibank’s Customer & Portfolio – Customer Strategy & Growth?
At Medibank, we’re encouraged to think big. With a clear purpose to impact better health outcomes for our customers, patients, and our community.
We foster innovation and enable our people to see a bigger, more tangible impact from their creative ideas.
Innovation isn’t just about the products and services we offer, it’s about the mindset of every single person in the team.
It’s an exciting time to join Medibank as we move into a new year because our focus is on our strategy of differentiating and growing our private health insurance business through our Medibank and ahm brands and transforming into a broader healthcare company.
As Strategy Analytics Specialist you will utilise advanced analytics techniques, systems and software to resolve key questions by developing fact-based strategic recommendations.
Working collaboratively across multiple different functions in Medibank, you’ll develop actionable and clear recommendations and have clear exposure to seeing how your data and insights flow into direct impact for strategic initiatives.
Where you can add value:
• Identify and assess strategic issues and opportunities through the development of a fact base from qualitative and quantitative analyses.
• Framing, scoping and structuring strategic problems using applicable strategic frameworks.
• Leading, coordinating and managing working groups and teams, including external consultants.
• Identifying relevant data sets and interrogating them to provide insight that can shape thinking and answer strategic questions.
• Taking the lead with creating and automating reporting of strategic initiatives across retention and acquisition.
• Identifying appropriate communication techniques and methods for key strategic recommendations.
• Using appropriate prioritisation criteria and techniques when evaluating issues and initiatives.
• Presenting clear, logical and action-oriented recommendations and plans to business owners and Steering Groups.
• You have tertiary qualifications in a commerce, economics, finance, statistics or other business-related discipline.
• You’ll have a minimum of three years’ experience in business strategy, management consulting, health, finance, or insurance industries within Australia or abroad.
• You are tech savvy with strong SAS, SQL, Excel, Tableau abilities to complement your familiarity with corporate database environments.
• You have demonstrated success in structured problem solving that includes problem definition, hypotheses testing, analysis plan and facilitating discussion and focus groups.
• You have substantial project management experience and are familiar with common strategy development frameworks and methodologies.
• You have the ability to identify and develop ideas and thinking that can substantially add value to Medibank’s businesses.
• You have good listening skills and the ability to ‘join the dots’ to understand the broader context of strategic issues.
• You’re able to develop high impact written communications to tell a story and deliver succinct verbal communications to an executive level audience.
Employee wellbeing is our priority, because when you feel good in yourself, that’s when you live your best life. In this role you will have access to benefits such as:
• Flexibility: With flexible working options, our people have the choice in how and where they work to stay healthy and feel good.
• Variety of personal and professional training programs to help you grow your career and build your knowledge on subjects that matters to you.
• Employee Assistance Program: Medibank offers employees and family members a 24/7 professional counselling service that can work with you on issues that are affecting you personally or professionally.
• Good Health Day: Medibank Group offers all employees one day off each year (on full pay), to do something you love.
• At Medibank, we are committed to helping our people be the best that they can be. That’s why all Medibank employees have access to eight hours of community leave per year and why Medibank matches employee donations up to $1,000 per year for each employee.
• Subsidised Health, Travel, Pet and Life insurance.
Job Segment: Analytics, Data Analyst, Developer, Consulting, Management Consulting, Management, Data, Technology
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: