As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
At Medibank we are motivated by improving the health of all Australians and the health of our members. We are passionate about building a better health system that is centred on people, and sustainable in the long term. Medibank’s core business isMore...
Job Requisition Number: 3822
ADELAIDE,, SA, AU, 5000
Wellbeing SA’s My Home Hospital program bought to you by Calvary and Medibank in an exciting new joint venture to deliver and grow one of Australians largest hospital from home programs.
Through the support of the South Australian Government, Wellbeing SA’s My Home Hospital’s vision is to provide better healthcare outcomes for all our patients in a way that best suits their needs.
With the help of a dedicated and highly skilled team, we aim to deliver a higher proportion of acute hospital care in the comfort of patient’s homes providing them greater comfort, experience and choice.
A unique opportunity to influence positive change in healthcare
My Home Hospital SA is a new exciting joint venture bringing together two highly respected and experienced health care delivery organisations (Medibank & Calvary Health Care) into one entity to deliver and grow hospital in the home services.
The General Manager provides strategic and operational leadership of the clinical and operational services, programs and people that comprise My Home Hospital SA and ensures the development and provision of high-quality health care within acute hospital substitution services that meet accreditation standards and are person and family centred.
How will you add value?
Effective senior leadership is critical to establishing the credibility of the service in the SA healthcare system and scale referrals whilst providing clinical care to the required quality standards. This role is responsible for:
• Leadership of MHH Operations to meet financial, performance and contractual obligations and develop operational capability in line with the Joint Venture business goals and in collaboration with MHH Medical Director
• Regular reporting to the Board to ensure robust governance of the financial, clinical and operational aspects of the MHH service
• Strategic partnership engagement and management to ensure services are contracted and provided to the levels required to meet the Wellbeing SA requirements
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders associated with the program, including organisations that are key to ensure referrals into the program meet target
• Leading, coaching and developing people leaders and team members to maximise productivity, performance and overall engagement.
• Establishing a culture unique to the joint venture, which as a new entity will be important to ensure there is a focus on quality, performance and purpose.
Having held senior leadership or executive positions you demonstrate a deep understanding of large and complex organisations, preferably in healthcare. Exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated ability to drive a culture of achievement of organisational objectives within in a diverse team will compliment your ability to engage teams through growth agendas through highly advanced communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
Commercially and strategically minded, you can successfully manage a large operating budget with high-level critical thinking and sound decision making with a high-level proficiency in strategic business planning.
The ideal candidate brings extensive knowledge of issues and policies affecting community-based health services and a demonstrated understanding of the structures and functioning of the SA Public Health System.
A career with us
With flexible working options, our people have choice in how and where they work. We’re also committed to supporting better accessibility for our customers and our people. If we call you to discuss this role, you’ll also get the opportunity to chat about any adjustments.
We offer a range of great benefits, rewards and discounts, and health and wellbeing initiatives.
To start small and impact bigger.
Job Segment: Medical, Public Health, General Manager, Manager, Healthcare, Management
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: