As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
At Medibank we are motivated by improving the health of all Australians and the health of our members. We are passionate about building a better health system that is centred on people, and sustainable in the long term. Medibank’s core business isMore...
Job Requisition Number: 3490
DOCKLANDS, VIC, AU, 3008
Will you actively create a healthier future for tomorrow?
At Medibank we’re encouraged to think big. We have a clear purpose to impact better health outcomes for our customers, patients and our community.
We celebrate diversity of thought because we want to make better decisions for our customers. As we work towards our goal of better health for better lives, we value the knowledge and contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. We are working hard to create an inclusive workplace and develop Indigenous careers.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Platforms and Automation, The API Platform leader is accountable for leading and managing the development of integration capabilities with actively maintaining and evolving the operating model into an API led mindset with DevOps capability at the heart.
We’re looking for an experienced professional, with the ability to establish a vision and drive successful business outcomes through team collaboration and accountable decision making. You will also have accountability across the following;
• Lead the Integration team, with development standards and governance as a key accountability for ongoing asset enhancements
• Establishing & evolving development standards and governance for ongoing enhancements, supported by capability leaders embedded within the development team and contributes to the ongoing digital technology roadmap
• Develop, implement, and maintain design patterns for the API developers that are regularly reviewed and used to support quality acceptance
• Establish ongoing standards and control mechanisms to ensure high quality extensible, maintainable and stable software
• Meet restoration of service targets as per incident severity matrix
• Engage with business stake holders on current and emerging technologies, to both drive adoption to the established current standard, and champion adoption of new opportunities
• Identify and assess opportunities to apply existing, new, and emerging Integration platform capabilities to Medibank’s business
Your strengths and experience:
You are a strong communicator, with the ability to translate deep technical concepts into simple and easy to understand business terms. You will be a strong leader and can align technical requirements to the broader strategy along with still retaining your hands-on technical knowledge. Critically you will have experience in modernising legacy integration services running on antiquated infrastructure to contemporary integration platforms using “Cloud First” approach.
A career with us
With flexible working options, our people have choice in how and where they work. We’re also committed to supporting better accessibility for our customers and our people. If we call you to discuss this role, you’ll also get the opportunity to chat about any adjustments.
We offer a range of great benefits such as subsidised private health insurance, rewards and discounts, and health and wellbeing initiatives.
To start small and impact bigger.
Job Segment: Embedded, Cloud, Technology
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: