As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
JBS Australia is Australia’s largest and most respected meat and food processing company. The company has a strong portfolio of leading beef, lamb, pork, and value-added branded products. JBS Australia is part of the global JBS business, which isMore...
Primo Smallgoods has a highly recognisable portfolio of products including bacon, ham, salami, continentals, cooked and fresh sausages, as well as fresh pork, and is the leading smallgoods player across both the retail and food-service channels, with a growing export business. Primo is unique for owning and operating manufacturing plants, packing facilities and distribution warehouses, allowing us to maintain the highest level of quality control in the industry.
About the Role:
The WHS Officer will contribute to the development of a culture that promotes the wellbeing & Safety of all team members through appropriate WHS with the key objective of eliminating workplace injuries.
• Provide support and training to stakeholders in the implementation and adherence to the JBS Safety System
• Coordinate and Ensure all employees are up to date with safety training or refresher training
• Conduct investigations within 24-48hrs into injuries, near misses and hazards and follow through actions
• Maintain corrective actions on a register
• Notifiable business leaders of serious incidents
• Communication of notifiable incidents to safe work QLD
• Ensure compliance with attendance to Safety & WHS meetings
• Ensure WHS Committee meetings are held and drive initiatives and actions from the meetings
• Ensure compliance with the JBS Safety System
• Participate in internal, external and stakeholder audits ensuring site maintains compliance
• Support and drive the implementation of any compliance outcomes from audits
• Complete Risk Assessments for all plant and machinery on site
• Assist in the completion of Standard Operating Procedures for all process, plant and machinery on site
• Ensure Risk Assessments & Standard Operating Procedures are regularly reviewed for accuracy
• Create and maintain records pertaining to safety training, checks, tool box talks and meetings
• Generate and maintain safety reports
• Ensure all contractors under take Site Safety Induction prior to the commencement of works
• Ensure all new employees complete the Site Safety Induction
• Maintain Site Safety KPI reports
• Preferred formal qualifications in WH&S or HR
• Knowledge of manufacturing hazards ideally within a food manufacturing environment
• Strong communication skills with an emphasis on excellent listening and interaction skills
• Good conflict resolution skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Able to work on own initiative and as a team player
Please email Tahlia.Tyler@jbssa.com.au for more information.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: