As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
JBS Australia is Australia’s largest and most respected meat and food processing company. The company has a strong portfolio of leading beef, lamb, pork, and value-added branded products. JBS Australia is part of the global JBS business, which isMore...
Reporting to the Plant Engineer, a full time opportunity currently exists for a Skilled Maintenance Fitter to ensure the availability, reliability and capability of plant assets in a beef processing operation.
• To ensure maximum equipment uptime is achieved by providing effective and efficient mechanical preventative and breakdown maintenance.
• Engage in making, fitting or repairing mechanical machines, instruments or appliances.
• Ensure that all mechanical work is carried out to meet the Company safety and housekeeping requirements and conforms to all relevant regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to identify faults with the ability to troubleshoot and rectify problems.
• Other responsibilities that may come up, such as working on projects.
• Fitter and Turner trade qualifications and post-trade experience of a minimum of 2 years.
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team.
• Experience in maintenance/repair in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
• Effective and efficient fault finding and diagnostic skills.
• A thorough understanding of maintenance work management practices.
• Understanding of work planning and scheduling procedures.
• Sound computer skills.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of WHS regulations/procedures.
• Confined Space and BA Competence highly desired.
• Ability to work shift work including rotating roster, day and afternoon shift.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: