As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
JBS Australia is Australia’s largest and most respected meat and food processing company. The company has a strong portfolio of leading beef, lamb, pork, and value-added branded products. JBS Australia is part of the global JBS business, which isMore...
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, a full-time opportunity currently exists for a Shift Mechanical Fitter to ensure the availability, reliability and capability of plant assets in a beef processing operation.
Well trained, motivated employees are the key to our success. JBS understands that employment is a partnership. We are committed to offering a positive work environment, continuous learning and appropriately rewarding the people who make our company a success. We expect your best. In return, you choose how far you’ll go with JBS.
• To ensure maximum equipment uptime is achieved by providing effective and efficient mechanical preventative and breakdown maintenance.
• Engage in making, fitting or repairing mechanical machines, instruments or appliances.
• Ensure that all mechanical work is carried out to meet the Company safety and housekeeping requirements and conforms to all relevant regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to identify faults with the ability to troubleshoot and rectify problems.
• Providing mechanical support to day shift and afternoon shift as required.
• Other responsibilities that may come up, such as working on projects.
• Mechanical trade qualifications and post-trade experience of a minimum of 2 years.
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team.
• Experience in maintenance/repair in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Effective and efficient fault finding and diagnostic skills.
• A thorough understanding of maintenance work management practices.
• Understanding of work planning and scheduling procedures.
• Sound computer skills.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of WHS regulations/procedures.
• Confined Space and BA Competence highly desired.
• Ability to work afternoon and day shifts Monday-Friday, overtime maybe required (including weekends).
Applications (including a covering letter and resume) should be submitted online:
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: