As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
JBS Australia is Australia’s largest and most respected meat and food processing company. The company has a strong portfolio of leading beef, lamb, pork, and value-added branded products. JBS Australia is part of the global JBS business, which isMore...
JBS Australia’s Southern Division, headquartered in Melbourne, has the largest multi-species processing facility in Australia, processing beef, sheep, and goats. JBS Southern processing facilities have access to all major international markets, providing our livestock suppliers with a range of markets and brand opportunities.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, a full time opportunity currently exists for a Skilled Mechanical Fitter to ensure the availability, reliability and capability of plant assets in a lamb processing operation. Wages are paid according to organisational EBA-Industrial Agreement.
• To ensure maximum equipment uptime is achieved by providing effective and efficient mechanical preventative and breakdown maintenance.
• Engage in making, fitting or repairing mechanical machines, instruments or appliances.
• Ensure that all mechanical work is carried out to meet the Company safety and housekeeping requirements and conforms to all relevant regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to identify faults with the ability to troubleshoot and rectify problems.
• Other responsibilities that may come up, such as working on projects.
• Mechanical trade qualifications is essential.
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team.
• Experience in maintenance/repair in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
• Effective and efficient fault finding and diagnostic skills.
• A thorough understanding of maintenance work management practices.
• Understanding of work planning and scheduling procedures.
• Sound computer skills.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of WHS regulations/procedures.
• Confined Space and BA Competence highly desired.
Applications (including a covering letter and resume) should be forwarded to:
Or Apply Online:
Applications Close: 31/03/2021
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: