As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
JBS Australia is Australia’s largest and most respected meat and food processing company. The company has a strong portfolio of leading beef, lamb, pork, and value-added branded products. JBS Australia is part of the global JBS business, which isMore...
JBS Australia’s Southern Division, headquartered in Melbourne, has the largest multi-species processing facility in Australia, processing beef, sheep, and goats. JBS Southern processing facilities have access to all major international markets, providing our livestock suppliers with a range of markets and brand opportunities.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity exists at our Bordertown Plant for a Maintenance Electrician. We are seeking a passionate and energetic individual who is committed to providing an effective professional service. This is a fabulous opportunity to join our dynamic, exciting organisation and enjoy the benefits and satisfaction in contributing to the continued growth and success of our business. This role will be responsible for providing maintenance across the plant where required, providing leadership & support across the maintenance team & the business to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
• Maintaining a safe work environment for tradesperson and operators. Complying with all legislative & JBS safety requirement
• Ensuring minimum downtime of all plant electrical & control systems through prompt response to & resolutions of equipment breakdown.
• Ensuring maximum equipment reliability through completion of assigned preventative & corrective maintenance activity.
• Assisting in maintaining spare parts & equipment to cover all critical areas & source prospective suppliers of new and existing equipment.
• Communicating plant issues to maintenance & production supervisors.
• Identifying & developing potential plant & operational efficiency improvements to improve plant production & minimize downtime and waste.
• Maintaining where required control system documentation including schematics, manuals, parameters & layouts.
• Supporting fellow electrical team members and apprentices in understanding and resolving technical issues.
• South Australian A grade electrical license essential.
• Strong fault finding skills.
• Solid understanding of GMP & HACCP concepts and procedures.
• The ability to function independently and as part of a team without direct supervision
• Good communication & interpersonal skills.
• Experience with PLC, HMI/SCADA, VSD, Power Distribution & Instrumentation.
• Sound knowledge of WH&S regulations.
Applications (including a covering letter and resume) should be forwarded to:
JBS AUSTRALIA - Bordertown
Applications Close: 31/03/2021
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: