As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
JBS Australia is Australia’s largest and most respected meat and food processing company. The company has a strong portfolio of leading beef, lamb, pork, and value-added branded products. JBS Australia is part of the global JBS business, which isMore...
JBS Australia’s Northern Division operates five strategically-placed processing facilities as well as five feedlots across Queensland and New South Wales, with access to an extensive network of quality cattle. Our network provides the ability to meet the specific demands of various market segments with an extensive range of grain-fed and pasture-fed products.
Mungindi Feedlot is strategically located in the extensive farming region of the Western Darling Downs being 30 kilometres north of the New South Wales Queensland boarder township of Mungindi. The feedlot has a feeding capacity of 12,000 head.
We are currently offering passionate pen riders & cattle handlers the opportunity to develop their horsemanship, cattle handling and livestock diagnosis & treatment skills at our specialised feedlot.
• Processing cattle in accordance with JBS specifications
• Diagnosis of animal health symptoms
• Administration of animal health treatments
• Maintaining accurate records of animal treatments and stock movements
• Daily livestock handling including drafting of cattle
• Use of computer programs
• Maintain team compliance with WHS, HR, QA and Environmental obligations
• Proven horsemanship skills
• Previous livestock handling experience
• Communication, organization and interpersonal skills
• Strong commitment to animal welfare, health & nutrition
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability and willingness to learn
• The ability to work an allocated roster
(10 days on /4 days off = 7.6 hours / shift + overtime when required )
Minimum of 2 horses and up to 4 horses allowed on site (must be pre-vaccinated in accordance with the JBS Australia Hendra Virus Management Program.
If you have any question please contact Feedlot Manager Matt Luhrs on 02 67 537 203.
Interested, please apply online:
or email: Julie.email@example.com
Position Closes: 5 February 2021
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: