Electrician - Tamar
• Based in Launceston, Tasmania
• Food, dairy, packaging or related experience well regarded
• Global Dairy Manufacturing Company
We are Lactalis Tamar Valley, owned by the Lactalis Group, the world’s largest producer of dairy goods. With a wide range of products, Lactalis is committed to playing a daily role in the health and well-being of consumers throughout the world, via the provision of nutritious dairy products—milk, cheese, yoghurt and other soft foods and beverages.
At the heart of our business locally, we have over 2,350 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with over 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy products in the country.
Pillar brands such as Paul’s, Oak, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
We are a growing global company that takes great pride in who we are. We are humble, proud and resilient. Our brands, people and know how define who we are.
We provide a safe workplace that delivers the opportunity to drive your development, and believe that true success comes from us.
Collaboration, flexibility and diversity are pillars of our environment. With knowledge and experience we encourage you to make a difference!
About the Opportunity
Working with the Maintenance Team as a trade qualified Electrician, you will be a dedicated individual who has experience gained in the food, dairy, packaging or related industry with sound knowledge and expertise in PLC’s.
Exposure to instrument calibrations and quality systems will be well regarded and it is essential that you possess a current Electrical A Grade License and be available to work a shift roster, overtime, call outs and weekends.
• Responding to breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime,
• Contribute to the preventative maintenance system,
• Investigating failures and making recommendations to reduce risk and improve systems and processes,
• Electrical trouble shooter within a factory environment, including filling machines and packaging equipment,
• Continuous Improvement for improved reliability and operational equipment efficiencies,
• Work as part of a skilled trades team – with other electricians and maintenance fitters and support staff.
With an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving, you have strong communication skills which enable you to work closely with internal and external stakeholders and foster effective and supportive teamwork.
To be successful in this position you must have:
• Relevant trade qualification as an Electrician,
• Experience in the food industry (preferable dairy) or FMCG would be highly regarded,
• Excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills,
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal,
• Strong focus on quality and safety, and
• Sound computer skills.
• Excellent PLC knowledge including programming, fault finding (CITEC)
• Instrumentation – temp control, PID loops
If you are a dedicated individual and pride yourself on your attention to detail, have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
.We would like to take the opportunity to thank you in advance for applying for this position, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If this isn't your time to work with us we wish you all the best in your career search and welcome you to apply for positions with Lactalis Australia in the future.
No Recruitment Agencies: We have this one covered!
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: