Warehouse Operator - Richlands
• Dynamic environment
• Drive best practice with your energetic and visionary approach
• Global dairy company!
Here at Lactalis, we are true to our purpose: we are a family business offering healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together. And, we just happen to be the worldwide leader in what we do.
At the heart of our Australian business we have over 2,200 passionate employees, working closely with our farmers, customers and consumers to produce the finest dairy products in the country. Pillar brands such as Paul’s, OAK, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
About this Opportunity
Lactalis has an excellent Full Time opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Operator to join their Richlands team.
• Enhancement of the areas of responsibility by adopting excellence in hygiene, operational and safety standards by focussing on good Warehousing practices including housekeeping, reducing waste, personal hygiene and conformance to procedures.
• Ensure company materials are correctly received, stored, recorded and issued in sound, saleable condition
• Load and unload stock as required observing all the necessary safety requirements.
• Ensure vehicles are loaded in a timely fashion as per the production requirements and the work flow.
• Isolate, record & report any unserviceable/damaged materials/products which may cause product damage or contamination
• Ensure the Warehouse/Store work space is kept in a clean and tidy condition.
• Ensure stock is rotated.
• Responsible for the safe operation of forklift, it’s cleanliness and fuel.
• Perform daily safety checks on forklifts and report any defects to Supervisor to maintain safe working equipment at all times.
• Perform your task with an eye for detail and ensure the tasks are completed accurately.
• Ensure all issues and receipts are accompanied by correct paperwork and that all paperwork is passed on appropriately..
• Perform routine inventory checks and stock reconciliations as required.
• Report any abnormal problems which may occur and could disrupt the smooth running of the operation.
• Assist in the training of new staff and/or functions as required.
• All other duties pertaining to scope and objective of role.
To be considered for this position, you will require a current Forklift licence, and current and/or previous Warehouse Operator experience in the food, dairy, packaging or manufacturing / process-related industries. Previous experience in WMS systems will be highly regarded. Intermediate computer literacy including experience using Microsoft Office and computer based maintenance systems (ideally SAP) is essential.
The successful candidate will be flexible to work changing work patterns (i.e. shift work & OT as required), as well as excellent communication skills across all operational levels. You'll be self-motivated, and be able to work efficiently with limited supervision to complete your duties in a timely manner. Importantly, you'll have a strong commitment to upholding Workplace Health & Safety and GMP standards in your own work and that of others, and strive to identify opportunities for improvement within your area. You'll welcome feedback to improve your own performance, and enjoy being part of a team.
About the Benefits
Lactalis encourages and supports a safe learning environment to give you the opportunity of a successful and rewarding career with us.
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume by selecting 'Apply' and following the prompts.
No Recruitment Agencies - We have this one covered!
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: