• Strong iconic Dairy brand
• Full ownership and control of dynamic site
• Lead a cross functional team to drive excellence
Lactalis is a global provider of world class dairy and other food products. Lactalis forms part of the family owned and operated Lactalis Group with more than 75,000 employees in 43 countries around the world. Lactalis Australia benefits from the multi-national scale and ambition of its parent company, without sacrificing any of the proud local heritage and traditions that began with the original Pauls milk business since 1932. At the heart of business locally, we have over 2500 passionate employees, working closely and constructively with some 500 Australian farmers to produce the finest dairy goods in the country.
About our Brands
Lactalis Australia house a strong stable of Pillar brands, brands such as Pauls Milk, Ice Break Iced Coffee, Vaalia yoghurt, Harvey Fresh Juice and Oak Milk. These are leading examples of Lactalis products which over the years have become synonymous with high quality and Australian community values. Lactalis’s extensive range is only further complemented by our parent company, Lactalis’ specialty cheese brands which include Lemnos, Jindi, President & Galbani. Lactalis is experiencing strong growth and has achieved this through clear direction and dedicated employees.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity now exists for a Site Manager to lead our Longwarry Food Park manufacturing operation located in Longwarry. This is one of our ingredients sites, predominantly processing bulk milk ingredients, skim milk and whole milk powder, cream cheese and desserts. Reporting to the Industrial Director – Cheese, the Site Manager role will be a key member of our Operations team with responsibility manufacturing, packing, OH&S and quality (including lab), maintenance and engineering.
In this role you will have the responsibility of ensuring all products are manufactured in full, on time and within specification, motivating and managing the team, and ensuring all processes and statutory requirements are met. The position has a strong focus on quality and safety so you will be required to lead and drive positive improvements across the site, including ensuring modern and up to date safety, environmental, quality and manufacturing practices and techniques are in place.
Through your effective leadership, you will implement continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of workplace safety, GMP, expenditure and people management.
Your strong communication and conflict resolution skills will see you through this challenging role. You will have highly developed organisational, time management and administrative skills as well as a demonstrated ability to identify and implement business improvement opportunities. Your pro-active, hands-on leadership style complemented by a professional work ethic will inspire the team to reach higher goals.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
• Sound FMCG dairy industry knowledge;
• Proven skills and experience associated with managing a heavy industrial or manufacturing site, including strong exposure to both the production, maintenance and warehousing dimensions of an operation;
• Superior analytical and problem solving ability;
• Excellent project management and interpersonal/communication skills;
• Sound influencing and relationship management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate people.;
• Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop employees, and in performance management;
• Sound ability to effectively manage costs;
• Demonstrated ability to develop & implement improvement initiatives;
• Negotiation and change management skills;
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
• Experience and knowledge with industry compliance requirements;
• Knowledge of GMP, HACCP and OHS is essential;
• Demonstrated experience in championing best practice;
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in the Manufacturing, Engineering or Science fields is desirable.
If you have the enthusiasm to succeed and are seeking a position in a highly sought after organisation with excellent long term potential for career progression, then please forward your application, attaching a current CV and cover letter by "Applying Now".
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for applying for this position, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If this isn’t your time to work with us we wish you all the best in your career search and welcome you to apply for positions with Lactalis Australia in the future.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: