This is an exciting time for the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women. We are advancing the Stronger Families Changing Futures reforms, focusing on delivering the right services at the right time to better support families, children, young people and women.
Our Talent Acquisition team engage staff for all 52 Child Safety Service Centres across state-wide Queensland. We have a continuous applicant pool which allows for applications at any time of the year and allows you to track your application through our recruitment portal.
If deemed suitable, your details will remain in the CSO talent pool and you will be contacted further by our Talent Acquisition team at the time an opportunity arises. We may request your participation in other recruitment selection processes, (for example online testing or telephone interview) to further determine suitability for employment as a Child Safety Officer.
Child Safety Officers have the opportunity to work anywhere in Queensland as we have Child Safety Service Centres in coastal areas, inland rural towns, and remote communities. Placements outside of our metro areas can provide invaluable exposure to a broad range of casework opportunities, working in smaller communities, gaining a broader experience in cultural awareness and the ability to work directly with indigenous communities. The skills you acquire as a regional or remote child protection practitioner will help further your future career prospects. If you are not only looking for a career but a life changing experience consider kick starting your career in one of our regional or remotely located Service Centres.
HOW WE REWARD YOU
• An attractive salary package including 12.75% superannuation and annual leave loading
• Industry-leading training and support as well as promotional and development opportunities
• Living in Queensland – beautiful weather, gorgeous beaches, community atmosphere, easy access to national parks, bikeways, dog parks as well as stylish cafes and restaurants
• Family support through parental leave and flexible working arrangements
• Generous leave provisions including carers leave and study leave
• Rural and remote incentives
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE
• A bachelor level qualification in social work, psychology, human services or behavioural science. Other bachelor degrees are acceptable, so if you have other qualifications, please have a conversation with us
• A valid driver's licence
• The right to live and work in Australia
You will be relationships-focused, have strong engagement, communication, written and time management skills which compliments your team-player and be committed to great customer service. You will join an organisation committed to creating diverse, inclusive, connected, capable and supportive workplaces.
HOW TO APPLY
For information on the application process please refer to the Child Safety Officer role profile.
JOIN US TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. JOIN US AND BE THE DIFFERENCE
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: