As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Australia's favourite liquor store! You can buy over 6,500 different Wine, Champagne, Sparkling, Beer, Cider & Spirits both online or in store. In 1952 a bright young man by the name of Daniel Francis Murphy was working in a liquor store owned and rMore...
Wine Merchant - Dan Murphy's Cairns
Are you knowledgeable and passionate about the world of wine and bringing it to life for customers? Are you a great host and like to share your expertise with others?
If this sounds like you, then please reach out to us to learn about how you can join Australia’s leading drinks retailer in a unique role that might be just right for you!
When Dan Murphy opened his first liquor store in 1952, he believed in offering unbeatable customer service, the biggest range and the lowest prices. A promise we still live by today.
To help continue this legacy, we’re broadening our service offering and seeking knowledgeable wine professionals with a genuine way of delivering exceptional customer experiences to join our team.
The Wine Merchant is a new role we are hiring in Dan Murphy's Smithfield store, and we’re calling on your wine knowledge to help us create the ultimate drinks experience for our customers. You’ll join a vibrant team with a fantastic culture and get access to great team benefits. Because Dan Murphy’s is part of the Woolworths Group, you’ll also become a part of Australia’s largest retail group.
About the role
The newly created position of Wine Merchant will play a critical role in Dan’s evolution by providing a personalised end to end experience for our customers. Reporting to the Store Manager and joining a National Community of Wine Merchants, in this specialised role you will share your expertise through engaging our customers and empowering our team in the discovery of product.
In this role, you will:
• Create exceptional customer experiences by sharing your love and knowledge of wine in an easy to understand way of communicating.
• Have the autonomy to share your passion through facilitating exciting key store events and tastings.
• Encourage loyalty by taking the customer on a journey of discovery through our range of wines and beverages
• In collaboration with key store team members you’ll seek and act on customer feedback to deliver relevant experience solutions and provide input to improve your store’s range.
• Proactively engage daily with the store team to increase product knowledge, empowering the team with easy to reproduce skills to bring our range to life.
At Dan Murphy’s our customers are at the heart of everything we do and how we connect with them is critical to our ongoing success. We are looking for a charismatic and engaging wine professional who enjoys story telling on a daily basis. You are passionate about wine and love to entertain using your unique set of skills with others. You understand the importance of great customer experience and want to proactively take that to a new level at Dan Murphy’s. You are an expert in the world of wine and like to continue expanding your knowledge to discover the world of drinks.
Other key competencies relevant for the role are:
• Proven experience in customer service, ideally hospitality, sales or retail.
• Experience in a drinks related role preferred (e.g. bar, cellar door, wine making, premium restaurant experience).
• A genuine interest in the industry - you know what is trending and make sure that these trends are reflected in your stores experience.
• You’re digitally savvy, well connected to relevant social platforms online with a finger on the pulse for the latest trends both locally and globally.
• Current RSA Certificate.
• Available to work in peak trading hours, with part-time and full-time opportunities available.
Advantageous but not essential:
• Wine & Spirits Education Trust (level 3) or equivalent qualifications
• Experience coaching or training and driving a knowledge sharing environment
We’re social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn #Li , Facebook, Instagram or via www.wowcareers.com.au
Grow with Endeavour Group
Endeavour Group comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: