As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
UniSuper is the super fund dedicated to Australia's higher education and research sector. As one of Australia's largest funds, we're committed to delivering greater retirement outcomes for members. We offer a range of super and pension products toMore...
Description & Requirements
UniSuper is one of Australia’s largest superannuation funds and is run solely for the benefit of its members. For more than 34 years, UniSuper has been managing super for people employed in the higher education and research sector. UniSuper currently invests around $85 billion on behalf of 450,000 current and former higher education and research employees.
We’re all here to help deliver greater retirement outcomes for our members. Your role supports UniSuper doing this by providing technical subject matter expertise, in particular for our Capital application, but covering all aspects of applications development and engineering leadership in support of consistent, efficient delivery teams.
This is a 9 month fixed term contract.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Working to succeed as one team by providing technical mentoring and guidance, driving best of breed engineering practices relevant to the work, and uplifting technical ways of working.
• Embracing and lead new ways of working in the engineering space.
• Participating in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond.
• Understanding organisation requirements to design, build, test and install/maintain applications.
• Evaluating IT applications and equipment requirements so they remain nimble, flexible and adaptive.
• Taking the lead on technical designs through partnership with solution architecture.
• Having a genuine desire to uplift and contribute towards CI/CD and pro-active monitoring (DevOps).
• Deliver and support technical solutions in accordance with business requirements.
• Support to the Delivery Manager/s in relation to technical solutions and platforms for the team.
• Lead issue resolution, identifying root cause and implementing solutions.
• Providing technical leadership and expertise when dealing with problems and incidents.
• Developing team that follow best practise engineering standards.
• Providing an input to planning future computer requirements, capacity planning and the formulation of computing standards and guidelines.
• Applying your expertise, drive and influencing skills to maintain an application strategy and ensure changes are prioritised based on member value.
• Significant experience in utilising the Capital platform and/or other Super Fund Registry Applications, and knowledge of how to best leverage the capability of the Application to benefit UniSuper
• Expert skills in many programming areas and development languages, including operating systems, utilities and applications development tools
• Experience working in cross functional development teams
• Application administration, configuration and deployment to development and production systems
• Support experience in delivery of IT/ Business Applications Services
• Previous application development skills, preferably using C#/.Net/Windows based environments, with the capability to build advanced solutions and mentor team members.
• Worked within a defined development methodology using enterprise frameworks (Agile, Waterfall)
• Managing multiple stakeholders and initiatives
What We Offer
A challenging, collaborative and fun culture. You will receive the support that you need to build your own career in a People team that is under new leadership and leading change across UniSuper.
You’ll also receive extra annual leave days between Christmas and New Year, access to a Wellness program, volunteer leave, generous superannuation contributions, gym discounts and support for flexibility. You can also access our Financial Advisers at a reduced rate to help you plan your financial future.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: