As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
UniSuper is the super fund dedicated to Australia's higher education and research sector. As one of Australia's largest funds, we're committed to delivering greater retirement outcomes for members. We offer a range of super and pension products toMore...
Description & Requirements
Infrastructure & Cloud Solution Designer
• Interesting projects
• Central Location
• Permanent Opportunity
UniSuper is one of Australia’s largest superannuation funds and is run solely for the benefit of its members. For more than 34 years, UniSuper has been managing super for people employed in the higher education and research sector. UniSuper currently invests around $85 billion on behalf of 450,000 current and former higher education and research employees.
We’re all here to help deliver greater retirement outcomes for our members. Your role supports UniSuper doing this by designing and creating solutions and standards to enable the implementation and management of enterprise infrastructure and platforms required to help achieve outcomes consistent with the Technology strategy. The role will be a Design Authority and will be expected to represent Infrastructure & Cloud at key internal and external stakeholder meetings as delegated by the Manager, Solution Design.
• Working seamlessly with the Project & Strategic Engineering team (also within Infrastructure & Cloud) to develop and implement new, and enhanced Compute, Storage, Network & Cloud solutions
• Working as part of a team of Solution Designers who complement each other’s skills and experience to provide domain specific architecture, solution design and documentation.
• Ensure strategic direction from a Compute, Storage, Network, Dev Ops and Cloud perspective is adhered to in a consistent manner across all Solution Design deliverables.
• Facilitation of clear communication between Solution Designers and other key stakeholders to ensure dependencies across projects and functional areas are well understood within the team and fed through to engineering where required.
To be successful you will ideally possess:
• Strong communication and presenting information in a clear, relatable way
• Strong internal and external stakeholder management
• Deep understanding of Infrastructure, Network and Information Security considerations in cloud environments including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
• Ability to display a demonstrated track record in building and setting architecture strategies
• Advanced understanding of networking and experience designing networks
• Ability to design complex, technical networking solution
• Experience with designing, building, delivering and managing Cloud environments including Azure, AWS or VMware.
• Experience with conducting proof-of-concept, developing prototyping, and building reference models
• Extensive experience designing, implementing or consulting with web applications
• Extensive experience with building large-scale enterprise architecture solutions, including identifying security concerns, high availability methods, multiple platforms, hardware considerations, network design, monitoring solutions, virtualisation, performance, capacity planning and information management practices.
What We Offer
A challenging, collaborative and fun culture. You will receive the support that you need to build your own career in a People team that is under new leadership and leading change across UniSuper.
You’ll also receive extra annual leave days between Christmas and New Year, access to a Wellness program, volunteer leave, generous superannuation contributions, gym discounts and support for flexibility. You can also access our Financial Advisers at a reduced rate to help you plan your financial future.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: