As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
UniSuper is the super fund dedicated to Australia's higher education and research sector. As one of Australia's largest funds, we're committed to delivering greater retirement outcomes for members. We offer a range of super and pension products toMore...
Description & Requirements
Senior Technical Business Analyst
• Exciting projects
• Central Location
• Initial Fixed Term role – 6 months
UniSuper is one of Australia’s largest superannuation funds and is run solely for the benefit of its members. For more than 34 years, UniSuper has been managing super for people employed in the higher education and research sector. UniSuper currently invests around $85 billion on behalf of 450,000 current and former higher education and research employees.
We’re all here to help deliver greater retirement outcomes for our members. Your role supports UniSuper by being part of a delivery team who are passionate about delivering value to our members. Working across both a ‘vendor application’ and ‘custom application’ sub team within UniSuper’s ‘Customer and Corporate’ delivery team, you’ll proactively engage Product Owner/s and the greater UniSuper business from feature/enhancement inception to delivery, into production. You’ll iterate using a variety of ways of working, with a focus on quality. Analysis is one of your strengths, eliciting key requirements through this process, to effectively convert these to Epics and User Stories for application team consumption.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Facilitating workshops with stakeholders and your team, demonstrating excellent elicitation skills, analysis, and problem solving capability.
• Defining/elaboration of requirements and grooming backlogs with Product Owner/s / Sponsor/s
• Work in a cross-functional feature team to develop, size and explain the intent of User Stories.
• Work closely with the delivery teams for story elaboration prior to build
• Analyse both the requirements documented and the Solution Designed by the Technical Lead to assist in the creation of Technical user stories and corresponding acceptance criteria for those user stories.
• Be the first point of contact for the delivery teams for clarifications being sought during discovery and build around requirements
To be successful you will ideally possess:
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a Systems Analyst or Technical Business Analyst
• Tertiary Education in Business or IT
• Previous experience of working on implementation of applications on the Cloud (Azure)
• Previous experience in large complex projects preferably in the Integration area
• Polished presentation skills to be able to deliver a showcase with confidence and positivity
• Influencing and persuasion skills – demonstrated by championing solutions and eliciting decisions from the product owner and other working groups
• Ability to receive critique on work in progress and then translate back into requirements for the feature team
• Strong stakeholder engagement and questioning techniques
• Ability to understand and articulate complex solutions at a functional level
• Strong written and oral communication ability
• Requirements traceability and management
• Strong understanding of the full SDLC and experience working in an Agile team environment
• Ability to increase motivation in others by demonstrating a “can do” and problem solving mind-set
• Proficient in:
-Elaboration of Epic and Stories
-Prioritization discussions including prioritisation techniques (e.g. MoSCoW, Weighted Shortest Job First)
What We Offer
A challenging, collaborative and fun culture. You will receive the support that you need to build your own career in a People team that is under new leadership and leading change across UniSuper.
You’ll also receive extra annual leave days between Christmas and New Year, access to a Wellness program, volunteer leave, generous superannuation contributions, gym discounts and support for flexibility. You can also access our Financial Advisers at a reduced rate to help you plan your financial future.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.