As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
UniSuper is the super fund dedicated to Australia's higher education and research sector. As one of Australia's largest funds, we're committed to delivering greater retirement outcomes for members. We offer a range of super and pension products toMore...
Manager, BMO Analytics and Risk
• Full time Role
• Central Location
• 17% Super
UniSuper is one of Australia’s largest superannuation funds and is run solely for the benefit of its members. For more than 34 years, UniSuper has been managing super for people employed in the higher education and research sector. UniSuper currently invests around $85 billion on behalf of 450,000 current and former higher education and research employees.
This role supports UniSuper by leading the critical functions and processes associated with Analytics (Finance and Reporting) and Risk (Governance, Risk and Compliance) for the Delivery and Information (D&I) business unit.
You will lead a forward-thinking strategic team to support the Chief Delivery and Information Officer (CDIO) and Delivery and Information Leaders (D&I LT) with timely and relevant data, insights and reporting, to ensure our objectives are achieved, resources are used responsibly, risks are managed appropriately, and we remain compliant to all internal and regulatory requirements
• Lead, develop and motivate team members through sharing and exhibiting best practices, coaching and mentoring.
• Imbedding reporting and financial modelling mechanisms to enable CDIO and D&I LT to appropriately assess options and determine best course of action.
• Ensuring all risk, governance and compliance obligations relating to Delivery and Information are fulfilled
• Being an escalation point for all issues arising from BMO Analytics and Risk services
• Engaging with Finance Business Partner to lift financial and commercial acumen across D&I including budget preparation, variance reporting and monthly finance practices.
• Develop a show back model by which direct ongoing Technology costs for services are reported back to business units to provide greater transparency and accountability
• Implementing a Reporting Governance Framework and Metrics across D&I
• Development of monthly operational reports and insights to D&I Governance Steering Committee and input into other committees/board reports as required
To be successful you will ideally possess:
• A clear vison and direction for capability, tools and practices within the BMO Analytics and Risk team.
• Team members are engaged and understand how their contribution connects to achieving UniSuper’s strategy.
• Leadership of both Analytics and Risk functions of the team is balanced
• D&I is prepared for all internal and external audits and has no material adverse outcomes/ surprises from regulatory reviews.
• D&I risk profile remains within appetite or acceptance of the risk by relevant Executives, ARCC & Board as appropriate.
• CDIO and D&I LT can govern and measure decision making and performance through relevant metrics and reporting.
• Holistic view of D&I Budget and spend, highlighting areas of focus and ensuring any variances remain within acceptable tolerances.
• Being positioned to share with UniSuper business units the impacts to Technology operational costs, as a consequence of their requirements.
• stakeholder relationships are effectively managed, and BMO is held in high regard for providing quality, flexible and cost-effective services.
What We Offer
A challenging, collaborative and fun culture. You will receive the support that you need to build your own career in a People team that is under new leadership and leading change across UniSuper.
You’ll also receive extra annual leave days between Christmas and New Year, access to a Wellness program, volunteer leave, generous superannuation contributions, gym discounts and support for flexibility. You can also access our Financial Advisers at a reduced rate to help you plan your financial future.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: