As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
At Bank of Melbourne, we understand that everyone has the will. The will to be happy, to be there for the ones they love, to try something new. The will to get a place of their own or be their own boss. Sometimes what’s missing is the way. That’sMore...
• Join ASX 100 finance leader!
• Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
• 6 month maximum term opportunity with potential for extension
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Management Reporting Analyst to join our Finance team in our Newstead office on a 6 month maximum term contract. There is potential for this to extend beyond this period.
As the Management Reporting Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring the Bank’s management reporting requirements are met and that systems and controls are continually developed to ensure timely, efficient and accurate reporting to the business.
You will play a key role in providing quality, value-adding analysis to Executives and Senior Management of the bank and development and enhancement of management reports.
Specifically, you will:
• Preparation, analysis and distribution of management reports for Business partners, Branches and the Executive leadership team
• Develop innovative data management and analysis methodologies to enable reliable extraction of data from multiple complex and non-related data sources into comprehensive reports
• Define and shape analytical solutions for data problems
• Develop and document conceptual and logical data flows
• Provide predictive and descriptive data reports
• Understanding key business metrics such as those presented in the Investor Presentations / Analysis packs;
• Collaborating with the Business partners as well as other teams to design and generate management reports
• Provide data support and analysis when required to internal customers as required on an ad hoc basis
• Financial analysis as required by the business to assist with current strategic initiatives or projects on an ad hoc basis
• Establish internal controls and procedures and constantly seek to improve processes.
• Identify efficiency gains and provide insight into improved reporting.
• Identify potential issues and devise solutions as necessary.
• Engage reporting audience to assist in their understanding of the distributed reports
To be considered for this role, you should have the following skills/experience:
• Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong communication and problem solving skills are required;
• The ideal candidate is flexible and is able to work under pressure
• Data Mining
• Strong Process improvement skills
• Experience working with large data sets
• High level of communication skills
• Ability to interpret business activity and performance drivers, in order to develop working models
• 3+ years of experience working in Financial Services or similar role is desirable
• Degree qualifications in Accounting, Commerce, Data Science or similar
Although not essential, you may also have the following:
• Knowledge of SQL (Sequel Query Language)
Database knowledge ie Microsoft Access or similar
• Power BI or similar BI Tools
• Excel VBA
• Knowledge of SAS Eguide
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
• Flexible working arrangements
• Discounted financial products
• Salary sacrificing options
• Paid parental leave
• Paid volunteer days
• Purchase annual leave
• BUPA Corporate Plan
• Mentoring and leadership programs
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.