As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers. Health insuranMore...
Location: Clemton Park
About the Role
As the Recreational Activities Officer, you will put the “heart” into the home for our residents. You will drive the energy, engagement and participation of residents into a range of social, recreational and cultural activities, as well as mental health and wellbeing programs, that empower our resident's choices and independence.
• Providing residents with quality care and actively supporting them to maintain their skill levels, independence and mobility and providing respite support to their family/carers
• Planning and organisation of all recreational activity programs
• Ensuring individual resident’s needs, values, spiritual and cultural preferences are taken into account when providing recreational care
• Completing documented assessments which determine and clearly state capabilities, needs and problems
Skills and Experience
• Minimum of a Cert IV in Leisure and Lifestyle is essential, degree level qualifications highly regarded
• Minimum of a Cert III in Business Administration or equivalent experience, with Cert IV or degree level qualifications highly regarded
• Previous experience gained in a similar role
• Senior First Aid Certificate is essential
• Previous experience in caring for the elderly within an aged or community care setting
• Highly developed organisation and time management skills
• The ability to solve problems independently
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
• Must have a current national police certificate or be willing to complete a criminal history check
• Work close to home in one of our many community based homes
• Flexibility across our 24/7 operations
• Generous leave provisions including 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Generous discounts on health, travel, home, car, landlords and pet insurance
• 35% discount on frames, lenses, sunglasses and accessories at Bupa Optical stores
• 10% discount at Bupa Dental clinics
• Health and wellness initiatives and discounts through Bupa SMILE program
• Discounts at Apple and Samsung
• Workplace giving and Bupa fund matching
• Internal transfer opportunities to any of our 72 homes across Australia
• Clinical learning opportunities and more through online and face to face training
How to Apply
Please click Apply to be taken to our online application process. Please note that as part of your application you will also be asked to complete a number of pre-employment checks including Criminal History and a Pre-Employment medical.
About Bupa Aged Care Australia
Bupa Aged Care Australia is the largest private residential aged care provider in Australia with over 9,000 employees providing care and services to 6,500 residents across 70+ homes. At Bupa we focus on a person first approach that ensures our residents and their families are at the centre of everything we do and that we deliver our purpose of ensuring longer, healthier, happier lives.
IMPORTANT: As of 1st May 2020, all aged care workers and visitors must be vaccinated against seasonal influenza in order to enter an aged care facility – as such all successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement.
‘Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.
Find purpose in your career at Bupa’.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: