As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Thanks for stopping by the BOQ LinkedIn Page! We’re on a mission to become Australia’s most loved bank. No walk in the park, but it’s how we go about things that make it possible. We’ll do it by getting face-to-face, one-to-one and creating rMore...
• Join ASX 100 finance leader!
• Can be based at either our Brisbane or Sydney CBD offices
• High performing and collaborative product team
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, the Product Manager will work with business partners in Sales, Credit, Operations, Legal and Operational Risk & Compliance to execute on improvement initiatives. Initiatives are initially focused on reducing application turnaround times by simplifying onboarding, assessment and settlement activities within our third party and proprietary channels. Initiatives will cross over between policy, process, pricing, technology and people without a need to specialise.
You will be involved in internal and external discussions with our customers, third parties, bankers, industry associations and vendors, and will have the opportunity to represent the product to multiple stakeholders. You will undertake initiatives with respect to not only the financial objectives but also with a strong risk mindset and a keen eye on customer and banker value.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and abilities:
• Previous experience working in a commercial or retail bank in a product role, ideally with direct exposure to asset finance products
• An understanding of products' role in designing, developing and maintaining products within a bank
• Ability to build relationships, have difficult conversations and above all a mindset to put 'the relationship above the transaction'
• An ability to implement multiple initiatives at one time with confidence to ask for support when required
• An understanding of the product lifecycle and associated risks and controls needed
• Willingness to learn new things, have fun at work and approach problems head on
• Moderate competency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
• You will enjoy achieving results with a proven ability to achieve key financial and customer outcomes
• Most importantly, you are a team player who is passionate about what you do and motivated by your desire to build a successful career in product management.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
• Flexible working arrangements
• Discounted financial products
• Salary sacrificing options
• Paid parental leave
• Paid volunteer days
• Purchase annual leave
• BUPA Corporate Plan
• Mentoring and leadership programs
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: