As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Thanks for stopping by the BOQ LinkedIn Page! We’re on a mission to become Australia’s most loved bank. No walk in the park, but it’s how we go about things that make it possible. We’ll do it by getting face-to-face, one-to-one and creating rMore...
• An exciting time to join a growing Bank as a Service Platform!
• Ready to join a business that's passionate about doing things differently?
• Newly create role – Sydney CBD location
Reporting to the Digital Development & Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for the creation of new integration to enable cross-cloud integrations using web apps, eventing, Azure Functions and microservices. The APIs will be developed in .net and deployed onto a state-of-the-art micro-service in Azure Cloud. As we start on this path, the opportunities are endless, and being part of the first Digital team in BOQ can allow you to drive significant change.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
• Creating and maintaining high quality software to integrate platforms
• Follow the BOQ Software Development delivery standards and aligning to the development practices
• Effectively collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of mobile developers, automated testers, UX, design and test teams
• Collaborate with the digital development community across BOQ with share and learns sessions.
As an experienced Digital Developer, preferably within the finance services industry, you will demonstrate previous experience in working with technical teams in delivering solutions using Agile and DevOps methodologies. You will enjoy collaborating and sharing potential technical solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition.
Further, you will demonstrate;
• Experience in a similar role within the financial services industry will be highly advantageous
• Strong knowledge in working with Web services and API technologies (REST, XML/JSON, SOAP, XSLT)
• Experience working in a DevOps and agile delivery operating model
• C#, .Net, Azure DevOps, Azure Cloud and Source control systems, Continuous Delivery tools
• Proven Diagnostic and Troubleshooting skills
• Proven experience with microservices/API architectures
• Proven Testing skills and TDD or Behavioral Driven Development. SpecFlow
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and show initiative
• Extensive experience in leading teams in understand and implementing high value features and requirements
• Advanced knowledge of Agile and DevOps development methodologies
• Have strong opinions on API architecture and evolution of the capability as well as DevOps implementation for APIs
You must be available for on-call rotation (one week out of every four weeks), including public holidays and weekend hours as required.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
• Flexible working arrangements
• Discounted financial products
• Salary sacrificing options
• Paid parental leave
• Paid volunteer days
• Purchase annual leave
• BUPA Corporate Plan
• Mentoring and leadership programs
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: