As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Thanks for stopping by the BOQ LinkedIn Page! We’re on a mission to become Australia’s most loved bank. No walk in the park, but it’s how we go about things that make it possible. We’ll do it by getting face-to-face, one-to-one and creating rMore...
• Join ASX 100 finance leader!
• Brisbane or Sydney based opportunities
• Suits an experienced Business Analyst who is looking to join a bold challenger Bank!!
As one of our Business Analysts your will assist our business stakeholders to identify the problem and the expected business and customer outcomes that will determine their actual needs. This will be achieved by understanding where the business is today (the current state), where they wish to go (the future state) before determining the gaps that identify the end to end business requirements. Identifying options to the stated problem and outcomes enables the business to select a solution that best fits.
• Determine and plan fit for purpose business analysis
• Plan and facilitate business analysis activities / workshops as required
• Complete up front analysis to provide an understanding of the problem / opportunity to be solved
• Complete and analyse the current state position to ensure the baseline position is understood by all impacted stakeholders; including mapping current processes where required.
• Complete operating model and business impact assessments for the initiative
• Deliver mapping of the proposed To Be / Future state processes to the required level of detail
• Ensure operational risks are identified, understood and mitigated by the business in relation to in-scope changes
• Document fit for purpose business requirements that clearly identify the gap between the current state and the required end state and that meet the needs of all impacted stakeholders.
• Manage approval of business requirements and all changes to these throughout the change lifecycle
• Facilitate identification and analysis of proposed solutions to determine which solution best fits the business need, identify gaps and shortcomings in solutions and determine any necessary workarounds or changes to the solution by engaging with the right people
• Ensure each gap between current state and future state can be traced from a requirement/s through to benefit
• Review all solution documents and ensure alignment with business requirements and benefits.
• Manage requirements through the lifecycle (from solution, testing, delivery) in order to ensure that the business benefits, linked to the requirements, are achieved and appropriately documented
• Complete assessments of change to scope against benefits and cost of change
• Understand and communicate to stakeholders the impacts of change across the operating model
• Throughout the change lifecycle raise risks associated with the change, identify and mitigate risks to be effectively managed and ensure the risk is allocated to the correct owner.
• Support defect triage during testing
• Support Technical Writers
• Contribute to the capability uplift in the BA community
Skills & Knowledge required to be successful in role:
• Ideally you will have a background in Business Analysis, with your experience gained from financial services
• Ability to plan, organise and manage own time
• Outcome oriented
• Strong communication skills (both written, verbal) and the proven ability to communicate complexity in simple terms.
• Strong analytical skills
• Teamwork / relationship building skills
• Negotiation and influencing skill
• Exposure to different project management methodologies
• Exposure to different system development methodologies
• Understanding of business process improvement methodology
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
• Flexible working arrangements
• Discounted financial products
• Salary sacrificing options
• Paid parental leave
• Paid volunteer days
• Purchase annual leave
• BUPA Corporate Plan
• Mentoring and leadership programs
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: