As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Thanks for stopping by the BOQ LinkedIn Page! We’re on a mission to become Australia’s most loved bank. No walk in the park, but it’s how we go about things that make it possible. We’ll do it by getting face-to-face, one-to-one and creating rMore...
• Join ASX 100 finance leader!
• Suit experienced, results driven Business Lending Analyst looking to join a high performing team
• Flexible workplace & Collaborative team – Brisbane Location
BOQ we support our people to be their best! We are passionate about providing opportunities for you to grow and develop your career with us. We value integrity, place empathy at the core of everything we do, and are committed to re-imagining banking for our customers, shareholders and our people. We are proud to back Australian businesses.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced! It’s our people that help us achieve and make things possible
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to support the BOQ Business Banking teams and branches within the Retail network in preparing credit submissions and documentation requests for new and existing commercial lending customers. The role also liaises with Loans Centre/ HP staff and external professional service providers to ensure all documentation and settlements are processed promptly and accurately. The role requires a high standard of customer service to generate new business and ensure customer retention. The role primarily involves the origination, settlement and ongoing management of commercial and retail clients within the Business Banking Solutions portfolio.
Primarily your responsibilities will include:
• Origination, settlement and co-management of SME clients within the Business Banking Solutions portfolio
• Proactively identify and convert cross-sale opportunities across both divisions where possible
• Provide lending support within the Retail Network & Business Banking.
• Writing and providing recommendations for credit submissions.
• Prepare commercial lending submissions by critically analysing and interpreting financial statements and identifying industry trends.
• Completion of document preparation requests and checking of completed documents
• Co-ordination of settlements, fundings and drawdowns
• Verification of conditions and completion of relevant checklist
• Recognise Business Banking sales opportunities by providing exceptional customer service to Business Banking customers and referring sales opportunities to the appropriate Manager.
• Achieve targeted levels of customer service standards.
• Attend customer interviews with Branch or Owner Managers and Business Banking Managers where appropriate to gain additional knowledge of each customer’s business and requirements.
• Assistance to the relevant stakeholders in building client business by producing credit based solutions to any problem applications. Ensure that the Bank’s credit policies, procedures and audit requirements are adhered to.
• Liaise with HP/Loans Centre and external service providers to ensure documentation is accurate and settlements are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
As an experienced Business Lending Analyst, you will demonstrate previous banking experience, including exposure to lending and knowledge of the Credit Code and Privacy Act. You will enjoy critically analysing and interpreting financial statements and identifying industry trends. Naturally, you will demonstrate a professional approach at all times, be able to communicate strongly and openly to both individuals and groups, think outside the square and have exceptional stakeholder engagement capability. Above all else, you will be a self-directed, motivated team player who is passionate about providing a better client experience.
• Flexible working arrangements
• Discounted financial products
• Salary sacrificing options
• Paid parental leave
• Paid volunteer days
• Purchase annual leave
• BUPA Corporate Plan
• Mentoring and leadership programs
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: