As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Thanks for stopping by the BOQ LinkedIn Page! We’re on a mission to become Australia’s most loved bank. No walk in the park, but it’s how we go about things that make it possible. We’ll do it by getting face-to-face, one-to-one and creating rMore...
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced C-Suite Executive Assistant to support our Group General Counsel & Company Secretary (GC) in Sydney. As a member of our Exco and reporting to the CEO, the GC is charged with overseeing all aspects of the provision of high quality legal services to the Board, the Executive and business units of BOQ. The GC also provides counsel, support and administrative services to the Board of Directors, its committees and ExCo. As the Executive Assistant to the GC, you will support by providing high quality operational and administrative support. The role requires a well-spoken, presentable individual with a flexible and friendly attitude. Reliability in this role is crucial.
Your key responsibilities in this position include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Extensive diary & email management and the ability to provide a bridge for smooth communication between the GC and key stakeholders
• Travel coordination
• Confidential high level administrative support
• Compiling accurate and timely expense and billing reconciliations, and keeping track of financial metrics of the business;
• Production, formatting and preparation of correspondence including reports and presentations at board, committee and executive level
• To work independently and anticipate the needs of the GC as required and act accordingly
• Use initiative to arrange meetings and discuss various issues with GC to facilitate communication
• Daily meeting preparations, printing & binding materials
• Coordinate agendas for GC leadership meetings; attend meetings to note actions and decisions
• Establish and maintain effective relationships internally and externally
• Coordination (by creating, coordinating, monitoring and maintaining) correspondence, issue resolution, reports/presentations, project work as required
• Personal tasks eg. Coffee, lunch and personal errands
To be considered for this role, it is essential you have strong, previous experience working as an Executive Assistant at C-suite level within the banking and/or finance industry.
Naturally, you will demonstrate a proactive and meticulous work approach and excel in providing high level executive support through professional administrative services. You will possess exceptional stakeholder management capabilities, acting as a representative where and when appropriate, whilst maintaining an extremely high level of professional integrity.
Your proven ability to remain calm and focused under pressure, will be complimented by ability to work autonomously and at times with little guidance or instruction. Lastly, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing office environment.
Working for us is fun and fast-paced, and we need top talent to take us where we want to go. If you are passionate about what you do, and you’re looking to join a brand at the forefront of financial
services, we'd love to have a conversation.
Risk/Legal industry experience will be highly regarded for this role.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
• Flexible working arrangements
• Discounted financial products
• Salary sacrificing options
• Paid parental leave
• Paid volunteer days
• Purchase annual leave
• BUPA Corporate Plan
• Mentoring and leadership programs
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: