What we're like
At BIG W everyday’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big.
There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solutions and real care.
If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer and team experiences, a desire to join a business that is rapidly evolving into a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network, and you’re looking for a place that cares about your development and growth, you could be who we’re looking for.
• Strategic role at the heart of BIG W’s transformation journey
• Great career development with supportive senior leadership
• Innovative, agile and flexible culture
At BIG W, our ambition is to become a purpose-led digital retailer enabled by a great store network. A key element of being a digital retailer is to improve the way we use data, analytics and insights to (1) make better, more informed customer and business decisions and (2) simplify and automate tasks to make it easier for team to deliver their objectives.
As the Data Excellence Lead, your responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Lead the development and implementation of a BIG W’s Data Governance framework, transforming how BIGW safely derives value from data
• In partnership with Woolworths Group subject matter experts, you will co-create, implement and evangelise the BIG W Data Governance Framework
• Partner with data consumers to identify, define and onboard valuable new data sets
• Conduct assessments of data quality, appropriate use of data, data privacy and commercial agreements
• Curate and share metadata which defines and describes our data assets toith business users
• Embed data governance and risk management practices across BIGW
• Capture and support the resolution of data issues
• Escalate risks, incidents, and breaches to management in a timely manner and support stakeholders with remediation activities.
• Support the development and delivery of company wide literacy initiatives
• Support the cultural and capability shift of the organisation towards Data, Analytics and Insights
• Promote the use of Data, Analytics and Insights as means to answer the most important, well defined problems and curious questions to address customer, team and/or business challenges
• Actively participate in D.A.I. forums and community
• Establish the standards and best practices in Data Governance
• Take a leading role in providing training to the Data, Analytics and Insights team and wider community in Data Governance
To be successful in this role and thrive in our high performing and innovative culture, you will have a good understanding around how data & analytics can unlock the potential of the business and help realize BIG W’s ambition of becoming a purpose led digital retailer.
In addition, you will:
• Experienced Data Governance or Data Management professional, with a track record of implementing and maintaining data governance frameworks in a large organisation
• Deep understanding and passion for data, analytics and insights and how it can unlock real customer, team and business challenges
What's in it for you?
• An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus.
• Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths.
• Opportunity to join the most engaging team in the business.
• Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too.
• An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
• Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive.
Joining the Group
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via https://www.linkedin.com/company/big-w/?viewAsMember=true. #LI
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: