What we're like
At BIG W everyday’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big.
There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solutions and real care.
If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer and team experiences, a desire to join a business that is rapidly evolving into a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network, and you’re looking for a place that cares about your development and growth, you could be who we’re looking for.
• Strategic role at the heart of BIG W’s transformation journey
• Great career development with supportive senior leadership
• Innovative, agile and flexible culture
The Business Analyst role exists to liaise with business and technology stakeholders for delivery of business requirements which form the basis of change to business processes, policies or systems and to ensure that the delivered solution meets the needs of the business.
The main focus for this role will be engagement within the cross functional teams in support office to identify & drive improved process & system efficiencies to make a real difference for our customers and our teams.
Your responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Work end to end to collaborate with teams to unpack & understand current business process & system capabilities and to identify future business & system requirements and process changes that are efficient and cost effective
• Clearly document and refine the requirements and validate these with key Business & Project stakeholders
• Work with Business users and Project team to ensure delivery of requirements within agreed timeframes
• Plan, drive and execute Business User Groups to provide continuous input and sign-off of process & system
• Work end to end with teams including training team to create or review training documentation and facilitate training
• Collaborate and partner with business stakeholders to ensure major change obstacles are identified and managed effectively (working with a change manager where relevant)
• Timeously identify risks and issues and implement mitigating actions
• Collaborate and partner with stakeholders to build relationships to seamlessly work end to end to build brand and customer advocacy
To be successful in this role and thrive in our high performing and innovative culture, you will have previous experience as a business analyst for a general merchandise retail business (or relevant retail experience). You will also have a great understanding of how your role can help realise BIG W’s ambition of becoming a purpose led digital retailer.
In addition you will also have
• Extensive experience in facilitation and co-creation
• Project delivery and change management experience
• Process mindset and process mapping capability
• Data querying, analysis, insights and visualisation experience
• Strong technical capability i.e. proficiency in retail systems and ability to translate business requirements to IT requirements
What's in it for you?
• An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus.
• Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths.
• Opportunity to join the most engaging team in the business.
• Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too.
• An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
• Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive.
Joining the Group
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via https://www.linkedin.com/company/big-w/?viewAsMember=true. #LI
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: