At BIGW, a job is never just a job.
It’s the start of something bigger. There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us have an important role to play. If you have a passion for great customer service, a desire to make a real difference for families and you’re looking for a place to develop, you could be who we’re looking for.
• Partner with amazing leaders to deliver initiatives
• Be part of the key function of business transformation journey
• Enjoy a workplace flexibility culture
At BIG W, our customer is at the heart of everything we do. The store landscape is moving rapidly and we are evolving in line with the changing needs of the families that shop with us. The Format Development team delivers specialised and expertise support to improve the store experience and focus on development, format and design for the future BIG W store.
We are looking for a joiner based in VIC.
These are fixed term contract roles ending June 2021
Delivering specialised project management support, you will be part of a team that plays a critical role in managing the refit and renewal projects across the BIG W store network. Lead the end to end process to deliver new stores, BAU and renewal Projects on time, on budget and to required safety and compliance standards.
• Participate in the Landlords Design and Documentation process and Issue documentation to the wider business for review and approval.
• Issue tenders for shop fitting and other trades, analyse tenders and make recommendations for approval
• Attend Landlord Construction meetings to ensure adherence to the Big W scope. Issue changes to the Big W Blueprint in a timely manner and review variations submitted.
• Co-ordinate Store Fitout works and Specialist Contractors. Overall management of all appointed contractors construction, including site safety and resolve all on-site issues.
• Undertake defects/incomplete works inspections at an occurrence as agreed with line manager.
• Participate in and influence the design and scoping elements for renewal projects, prepare all required tenders for building and other trades.
• Undertake a timely project close out. Carry out built quality inspections and all financial matters.
• Work with initiative leads to define and scope BAU projects, present projects in accordance to cost, time and resources including project timelines and budget scope.
• Ensure all vendors and contractors have live SLAs
To be successful in this role and thrive in our turnaround culture, you will need to demonstrate
• Minimum 5 years experience in store development, construction and fit out across large and multi site projects
• Strong project financial experience
• Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills
What's in it for you
• An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus
• Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Store design
• Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
• An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
• Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive
Joining the Group
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via https://www.linkedin.com/company/big-w/?viewAsMember=true. #LI
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: